Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Tuesday Talk: Pumpkin Struesel Muffins

I first heard about this recipe in the Fall from my friend Beth from Our Pretty Little Girls.  She highly recommended it and her muffins looked delicious.  I knew I had to come up with an excuse to make them ASAP.  Thanksgiving seemed like the perfect time.

The muffins turned out really well and all of the adults loved them.  I rarely make muffins from scratch, but these were so easy that I'll definitely be making them again.  We wolfed them down for Thanksgiving breakfast and it was so nice to make them the night before.  We popped them in the microwave for about 10 seconds and they were so tasty.  I loved not having to make breakfast the morning of a busy day of cooking.  I think a new Thanksgiving tradition was born!

The original recipe came from Baked by Rachel and I made some changes to get this recipe:

Ingredients for topping:
4 T brown sugar
4 T granulated sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1 c flour
1/4 c melted butter

Muffins:
1/4 c softened butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 c pumpkin puree
1/4 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon
1/4 t all spice
2 c flour

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 T milk
sprinkle of cinnamon on top of the glaze once you drizzle it on the muffins

Preheat oven to 350 and Bake for 20-25 minutes
Recipe makes 12 muffins

Combine the streusel ingredients and mix until chunky.

Cream together butter and sugars, mix in egg, vanilla and pumpkin.  Add the rest of the dry ingredients until well combined.  Use a large cookie scoop to fill 12 greased muffin cups evenly.  Top muffin mix with all of the struesel topping.



Let cool completely in pan and then drizzle glaze on top.
Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the glaze.


These muffins were great the next day and the perfect thing to make ahead for breakfast.  We froze the left overs to enjoy at a later date.  


Linking up with Funky PolkaDot Giraffe, Home of Malones

It's time to link up with my favorite ladies this week.
Be sure to join us and share your best post from the week.
We had 145 people link up last week.
Keri - Living In This Season  ~ Christina - Waltzing In Beauty
Lauren - Simply Free ~  Becky - BYBMG
Jess and Katie - Sweet Little Ones ~ Whitney - Polka Dotty Place
Laura - Life Is Beautiful ~ Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things
Sarah - Abiding In Grace ~ Stephanie - Wife Mommy Me

Polka-Dotty Place

8 comments:

  1. Oh, man these look tasty! I will be making these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was waiting for this recipe :) These look so so so good, especially with the streusel topping - can't wait to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! So glad you loved them! I really need to make some more myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love any baked good with pumpkin - those look delish!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pumpkin muffins! I'll be featuring these on our Tuesday Talk next week. Would be great for Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these this morning and the kids gave them rave reviews! I couldn't taste them (darn cold) 😖 So I'll have to make them again! My batter looked a little more thick than yours (maybe because my eggs are more on the medium size?), and they baked for 30 mins, but they turned out perfectly! 👌🏻

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just pinned this. These look so good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound delicious. Just my kind of treat! Definitely pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.