Wednesday, November 1, 2017

You Should Read This

I'm excited to share some great reads with you today.  I read a ton of Halloween books with my kids, a couple of books for myself and tons of great blogs posts per usual.  Hopefully you find something great to read from my favorites.


I LOVE pecan pie so I think I will have to give these Pecan Pie Muffins from Southern Plate a try this month.  Seems like the perfect Fall breakfast.

I seem to be in the minority on this, but I'm still loving pumpkins and am pumped for Thanksgiving.  I have no desire to decorate for Christmas yet and am going to focus on all things Fall for a few more weeks.  This Pumpkin Playdoh from At Home with Natalie will be perfect for the kids and it looks really easy to make.

My friend Whitney just posted a great From My Heart Friday video about all of my favorite things - gratitude, being thankful and WRITING THANK YOU NOTES.  She gives a really simple format for writing a thank you note that will be sure to be appreciated.  You've got to watch her video and check out her pretty pearls

Annie's Pumpkin Shaped Cheese Ball would be perfect to bring to any gathering this month.

Have you ever wanted to head to Waco, TX to visit everything Chip and JoAnna Gaines have built in their Magnolia empire??  Emily recently visited Magnolia Market and takes you on a really fun tour.  You almost feel like you're there with her and her mom.

Shay gives some really great Easy Entertaining Tips!  Just in time for all of those holiday partyies you are planning or planning to attend.  #3, #5 and #6 are my favorites.

Do you use a setting powder after putting on your foundation?  I wear powder foundation so is a setting powder still necessary??  I was intrigued by this Super Matte-fiying Setting Powder

Andrea of Momfessionals is easily one of my favorite bloggers.  She posts delicious recipes, great kid activities and great fashion inspiration along with some home decor.  She's the queen on holidays and she seems like someone you'd want to be best friends with.  I loved her post this month on having her kids help her make Spooky Snack Mix.  She had them counting, sorting and bagging a delicious mix of treats.  I think you could easily adapt this for any holiday or make it for a road trip.  Yum!


I didn't love this book and wouldn't recommend it.  You can find out why here.

 You can read my review of this WONDERFUL book here

What have you been reading this month??


Stephanie: http://www.wifemommyme.com/
Johannah: https://johannahsirois.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

  1. What a great collection of reads as always! I have been seeing that book of Ann's EVERYWHERE. I really should check it out. Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great round up and I love Andrea too :). So thankful for all these awesome bloggers to learn from!!! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your honest review of church of the small things. I flipped through it at Barnes & Noble wondering if I should buy it, but I felt like it was more a compilation of personal stories. Fun to read, but not what I was hoping for. Off to read the article on setting powder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing my video! <3 I hadn't seen that post on easy entertaining tips - she has some great things to share! I definitely agree about cranking up the AC, especially in the South. It's always warmer than we thing it's going to be. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.