Monday, November 27, 2017

Roasted Veggie Frittata

Happy Monday, friends!

Hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving this year.  We had a great time with our family & friends.  We went on a little road trip, packed in a ton of fun and are happy to be home today.

Instead of doing my usual monthly recipe round up, I'm just going to share ONE delicious recipe with you.

I've been feeling extra compelled to stock my fridge with healthy food options and plan healthy meals for my family.  They eat what I prepare, snack on what I snack on and so it's important for me to plan healthy things so we don't eat junk all the time.

I made up a new recipe that is sooooo goooood!  I have some friends (Hi Jo & Hilari!!) that always make these delicious egg dishes and I had to jump on board.  I couldn't wait to share it with you today.  We've been enjoying it ALL month long.

Roasted Vegggie Frittata



 I've made a few different varieties so I'll start with my favorite version.

3 Chopped, diced, peeled sweet potatoes
1 Sweet peppers
1/4 chopped Purple Onion
1 Carrot
handful Broccoli
handful Cauliflower
9 eggs
2 T milk
Turkey Sausage Crumbles
Feta cheese
salt pepper
olive oil
Montreal Steak Seasoning
*Feel free to customize this recipe to your taste!

Chop everything into bite sized pieces.
Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings.
Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes.
Check on things at 20 minutes and remove the veggies that are done.
Put the baking sheet back in to let the broccoli and sweet potatoes cook longer.


Layer all the veggies in a greased baking dish.





Sprinkle cheese on top.

Whisk together eggs and milk until they're scrambled.
Pour on top of the veggie/cheeses.

Bake at 350 for at least 30 minutes, but it could take closer to 40 minutes until everything is set and browned.

Cut and serve!!  So good and it reheats so well for lunches throughout the week.  I've loved making this at the beginning of the week and reheating it all week long for lunch.

Another frittata version...
I left out the sweet potatoes and I missed them.  It was fine, but the sweet potatoes just add the perfect sweetness and helped keep me fuller longer.


I've also started prepping all of our fruits and veggies over the weekend so we are ready for healthy snacks and foods all week long.

Washed the apples so they were ready to grab and go in the fridge.

Peeled and cut carrots.

Roasted veggies for an easy side.


How do you get your family to eat more fruits and veggies?
I'd love to hear your recipes or routines to make it happen.


I'm linking up with my favorite cooking lady today
and we're all sharing our best recipes from the month.

Linking up with Southern Plate


Whitney @ Come Home for Comfort

Head over to their blogs to see what delicious meals they are sharing this month!
 We've also started a Pinterest Board called
New Recipes We've Tried and Loved!
Be sure to check it out and get some great ideas for meals at your house.

5 comments:

  1. Roasted broccoli is one of my FAVORITES, so good! Also, I have never made a frittata. It looks SO easy though. So, maybe I will fix that. Happy Monday friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always hauling around a baked egg dish. It's so easy to make and take to brunch potlucks! I love the variation on yours. AND that seasoning... I might need to grab some! It would be nice to have a quick and easy seasoning for veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me all the veggies! The first dish you shared would be super light on points, which makes is super appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyyyy! haha That looks awesome, thanks for the new inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.