Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I'm excited to share my Friday Favorites with you today.

I love making salads.  I really enjoy the chopping, shopping and planning required.  And I realize my family eats what I buy so it's my job to stay on top of the fruits and veggies I have stocked in the fridge.  This was definitely my FAVORITE salad of the week.  My husband loved it too because it had grilled chicken and thick sliced bacon on it.  We topped it with a drizzle of Ken's Honey Mustard dressing.

Finding my kids hanging out around our holiday book basket enjoying books all on their own is my FAVORITE!!  They love finding new books in this basket each month and I love doing our daily book club with those holiday books.


I picked up this Light Marzetti Caramel Dip on accident.  I mean to buy the regular version, but am so glad I made the mistake of grabbing the light version.  It was AMAZING and easily a fall FAVORITE for me.  I baked a caramel apple crisp with it and it was a huge hit.  Can't wait to share that recipe with you next week.

I can't wait to try this Pumpkin Spice LIFE cereal.  We love LIFE so I'm hoping this cereal will be our new Fall FAVORITE.  Have you had it??

 My $10 Walmart Letter board is definitely a FAVORITE.  I enjoy writing holiday messages and my 4 year old love practicing her letters with it.

Falling leaves are their FAVORITE.  They spend a good chunk of time each day collecting colorful leaves for me.  If only they were big enough to start raking those leaves...


Meijer sugar cookies are my kid's FAVORITES.  The sweet bakery ladies are always eager to share cookies with us and their colored sprinkle sugar cookies are so yummy.  My kids are thrilled to get them and I'm thrilled that they will just sit and happily ride in the cart while I try to grocery shop as fast as possible.

Qdoba is our FAVORITE takeout dinner option right now.  It's so good.  So fresh and so easy.  I love their Burrito Bowl - pulled pork, rice, black beans, pico, corn salsa, lettuce, cheese and sometimes avocado.  Yummy!!

Crafternoons with this gal are my FAVORITE way to spend an afternoon.  She loves doing crafts so we opted to do some tissue ghosts for a garland this week.  She was confident she could help with each step and it was fun to do it together.  She was proud ot hang the finished product in our playroom.

 Fall has arrived in our backyard!!  It really is amazing to watch this tree change colors every Fall.  It gets a little redder every day and we love keeping tabs on our FAVORITE tree.


In case you missed it on Polka-Dotty Place:

Monday: Halloween Fun for Everyone
Tuesday: Hello Fresh: Best Meal of My Life
Wednesday: Confessions

 How was your week??  I'd love to hear about your favorite parts in the comments.

Hope you have a great weekend.  We're doing family pictures with my side of the family, watching some football (GO IRISH!!) and going to a Fall party.  Should be tons of fun!!

Linking up with

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week. We had lots of rain here this week. I love the picture of your kids reading the books. That is pretty cool that you have a daily book club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great favorites! Such a cute little book corner. That dip looks yummy. Word to the wise, do NOT but the premade caramel apples from Aldi 😳 They were not fresh whatsoever. Instead I'll be buying some oft that dip! Happy weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree is gorgeous! And your salads always look fabulous so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been able to find the pumpkin Life cereal! I love plain and cinnamon life...so I'm really hoping to find a box of the pumpkin!! I did get some cinnamon Cheerios that I'm currently snacking on while I type. :) Love your seasonal book nook! Our trees really haven't started changing colors yet and I'm dying for some fall color. Love your ombre' tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you do crafternoons with your daughter. How fun! I can't wait for my nieces and nephew to come back to the area because the oldest two LOVE crafts.

    Your holiday book basket is such a cute idea! Loving it.


    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    stopping in from High Five for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fletch's hair is coming in great, he looks like such a little boy! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get that LIFE cereal! We have the pumpkin spice Cheerios! I also love your little reading nook!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.