Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Caramel Apple Crisp

My husband LOVES apple crisp and apple pies.  Making an apple pie requires a lot of owrk so I usually opt for making an apple crisp instead.

I have a really delicious recipe to share with you today that uses light caramel dip and it tastes so good that you'd never know it was the light version.


Ingredients:
4 apples (2 Golden Delicious + 2 Honey Crisp) washed and chopped into bite sized pieces
Cinnamon & sugar to sprinkle over apples and on top of the topping before baking
1 tub of Light Caramel Dip

Topping:
1 stick softened margarine
4 T flour
1/2 c dark brown sugar
1/2 c quick cook oats
1/4 t salt
cinnamon and sugar

Put apples in a greased baking dish.  This recipe would fit nicely in a 8x8 or 9x9 pan.

Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top and stir.

Pour caramel over the top of the apples.

Combine topping ingredients together with a pastry cutter.  The butter should end up in pretty small pieces and everything else should be combined nicely.  Sprinkle over top of the caramel apples.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until the caramel is bubbly.  Let cool and serve.  It's extra delicious with a scoop of Vanilla Bean Ice cream.









So good and so easy!!  Hope you enjoy some apple crisp this Fall.

It's time to link up with my favorite Tuesday Talk ladies!
Be sure to join us with a current post.


6 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! Adding caramel to anything apple flavored is always a good idea in my opinion. This looks SO good and SO easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I wouldn't have thought to add that caramel dip BUT we love caramel apples as you know so I am going to remember this. YUM! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite Fall dessert! I'm going to have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay this looks SOO good! I love how easy it is too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.