Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Lucky Charm Treats

We don't eat Lucky Charms very often so it's a special treat when we do.  We save them for St. Patrick's Day and occasionally during the Notre Dame football season.  They seem especially appropriate to eat during those times.  I whipped up a quick batch of 
LUCKY CHARM TREATS and they were adorably festive.

Ingredients:
1/2 bag marshallows
1/2 stick butter
4 cups cereal

Melt butter and marshmallows.  Separate some of the marshmallows out into a separate bowl to top treats with.  Add in cereal and coat completely.

 Let them cool and set for about an hour.
 This will be hard on everyone to watch and wait :)

I've seen people add green food coloring,
but that seemed like overkill.

They are best served about an hour after you make them and were soggy the next day.

Kids of all ages will loves these!

4 comments:

  1. SO cute! We always have Lucky Charms in the pantry - that's Paul's breakfast of choice most mornings. I'll keep this in mind for an extra fun treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Maybe that's what we'll make for St. Pats. I've been between all the recipes. This one is too fun, plus a two year old can totally help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I made them with frosted flakes the other day (its all we had) but I love the lucky charms idea for St Paddy's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy and I love how easy they are to make. Except maybe the waiting part. :) Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.