Friday, March 13, 2015

Highlights

Most of the city was on Spring Break this week so it was a pretty quiet, rainy week.  Our usual activities were cancelled so we filled our days with lunch dates and other fun things.

The best parts of our week were...

1. We are in full swing St. Patrick's Day mode.
I picked up St. Patty's day bows and rainbow bath letters for Olive.
She's also been wearing lots of green!
We made yummy treats, cards to mail to our family and rainbow jello. 
I'm hoping to make some sugar cookies next week.
https://igcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10994983_668895746554472_324363405_n.jpg

2. We had a lunch date with this handsome guy in the middle of the work week.  
Olive discovered that Doritos are delicious and did not want to share.
I don't really blame her.
 

3. I won a contest for a FREE doll from Friends of Suzy!!  My friend Katie hosted the giveaway and I was SO EXCITED to win.  I'm going to pick out a special doll to give Olive for her 2nd birthday.  I'm leaning towards Josie with green eyes and light brown hair.  Shhhhhhh don't tell Olive.

4. I planned a fun Nacho Bar for dinner this week and it was delicious!  We had such a fun time assembling our own nacho plates and watching basketball games this week.  I tried to think of all the toppings :) 
 
5. Lastly, My parents are coming in town this evening and I CANNOT wait to see them!!  We haven't seen them since Christmas break and we are going to have a great weekend.  Olive is going to flip out when she wakes up on Saturday morning and finds Mimi and Papaw at our house!
What was the best part of your week??

Thanks for stopping by my blog. 

12 comments:

  1. We made your lucky charms rice krispies this week! YUM! I love love love that doll! I want one! What a perfect gift for your little Olive :) Have a wonderful time with your Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olive has the best facial expressions. Enjoy your visit with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Olive's outfit! I've got my Irish gear on, since the basketball team is still playing. What a fun surprise for Olive to wake up with your parents there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Friends of Suzy dolls! I've had my eyes on them for a little while. So jealous that you won one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving her sweet St. Paddy's outfit...and nacho bar..I'm a sucker for some nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lucky charms rice krispies treat is adorable! Olive's outfit is so cute, looks like you guys are totally ready for St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the doll and the St. Patty outfit. The older Olive gets the more she resembles Kevin when he was a toddler. Cute as a button. Enjoy your week-end with you parents and give our little girl a kiss for me...Love reading your blog. .....?Love Gram

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those rice krispie treats are so cute! Great job! Have fun with your parents this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm the nacho bar looks so yummy! Have fun this weekend! Love Olive's little outfit! And I bet she'll love that doll. Olivia has those bath letters, and they stick so well to the sides, they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those nachos look delicious! Enjoy the time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Olive looks so cute in her St. Patty's day outfit, I'm lovin that tutu!

    Yay for the grandparents coming to town, hope y'all have a great weekend together!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.