Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I'm trying several new recipes from my
"I'd like to try this" Pinterest board and have a new favorite to share.
Here's the original soup recipe link: girlcooksworld

My version of
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
 4 large baking potatoes
6 Slices of bacon
2 T butter
2 c chicken broth
2 cups whole milk
2 cups cheddar cheese plus extra for topping
1 t chili powder
1 T cornstarch
1/2 c chopped green onions

Bake potatoes.
I couldn't find four large so I did 8 medium sized ones.
I cut mine in half so that they'd cool faster.

Peel all put one potato if you'd like a little potato skin in your soup.
Scoop out the insides and mash. 
Leave one potato chunky so that you can have bites of potato in your soup.

Fry bacon and save left over bacon grease.
Crumble.

Melt butter in soup pot.
Add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and stir to combine.
Heat thoroughly but don't boil.
Add cheese, stir and add salt, pepper & chili powder to taste.

Put cornstarch in a small bowl.  Add water to it then add to soup to thicken.

Top each bowl with shredded cheese, bacon bits & green onions.
Yum!   
Serves 4-6 people and could easily be doubled. 

2 comments:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.