Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

I'm trying to hit my stride with my summer casual  looks.
It's HOT so that always factors into my choices.
I've been running lots of errands and soaking up summer.

Here are my favorite outfits of the week:

1. My first attempt at Pattern Mixing
 checked top - Old Navy
Skirt - Thrifted
Belt - GAP
leather button earrings - Polka-Dotty Place etsy shop
flats - Marshalls
Bracelet - Bahamas

Have you jumped on board yet with this trend??

2. Go Team USA!!
Polk-dotted top - thrifted
shorts - DKNY
Mum earrings - Claires
sandals - Saltwater
Fabric flower - Polka-Dotty Place etsy shop 

3. Dinner with Friends
top - Thrifted
Shorts - TJ Maxx
Necklace - Gift
patent sandals - Target

4. Running Errands
dress - Micheal Kors
*My cute hubby says to me, 
"Cute outfit today!  Did you find that at DI?"
Oh if only we could find Micheal Kors dresses at thrift stores...
bracelets - souvenirs, gifts, vintage & World Market
J Necklace - Brighton
Gold earrings - Polka-Dotty Place etsy shop


Thanks for visiting!!  :) Whitney

I'm linking up with Lindsey and Marion:

23 comments:

  1. you nailed the pairing patterns look. i looooove the skirt on you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen!! That skirt is one of my favorites. Thanks for your feedback. :)

      Delete
  2. Your pattern mixing came out SO cute! I'm a new follower :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter to win a statement necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks Sharon!! Glad to have you as my newest follower :)

      Delete
  3. You have such great style and such amazing accessories! Love the pattern mixing! And I just love that safari style dress with the leather accents. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a slight problem with buying accessories! I just love them so thanks for noticing :)

      Delete
  4. Love each outfit and I ADORE that first one.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I have that same yellow gingham top, going to try it with a floral (thanks for the inspiration)...you are so cute, love your red saltwaters.....I think you are my style soul sister...love your look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I love the way the patterns complimented each other. Give it a try; you'll love it!! Thanks for your compliments :) Made my day!

      Delete
  6. I think you did a great job with the pattern mixing - the colors go together so well that I didn't even think about the patterns! I'm also loving that safari dress - if only it was thrifted! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Maybe one day I'll find a dress like this while thrifting... I'll probably have to do lots of shopping to make this happen :)

      Delete
  7. The patterns look great! I need to take some inspiration from you and try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julee! Pattern mixing can be a lot of fun :)

      Delete
  8. Just found your blog from Marion Berry Style .....Great minds dress alike. Our pattern mixing outfit is almost identical. I have a yellow plaid top from ON too with a floral skirt. You look adorable!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Alice! Floral and plaid go so nicely together. Love your skirt :)

      Delete
  9. Really cool take on pattern mixing, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pattern mixing with the gingham and the floral skirt looks stunning! Found your blog from Two Thirty-Five Designs and I'm loving it! You got a new follower!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute looks! Love the mixed pattern look with the gingham and paisely skirt :)

    Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chioma!! I've been having a lot of fun with this trend :)

      Delete
  12. I did a Gingam and Floral look also for this challenge. I can see you have the same prob as mine? Like how you layered the shirt with a white tee but opened. I have a problem buttoning up my shirts sometimes. Thanks for that idea
    k at www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.