Saturday, August 18, 2012

Back to School Goals

I start each school year with a new set of goals.
Things to do differently, things to start doing, etc.
I just got done writing my goals for the coming year.

Whitney's Back to School Goals 2012-13:

1. Arrive at school by 7:45
2. Wake up at the same time each day - 
set a 6:45 routine
(School starts at 8:35 in Utah)
3. Enter grades on-line once a week.
4. Find some new art projects to do.
5. Read new novels that I've never read before.
6. Pack healthy lunches & snacks for the school day.
7. Continue writing "Nice Notes" to send home with kids
I started doing this as my behavior management plan several years ago.
I watch the kids all day for students who try hard, are kind to classmates, 
do things without having to be asked to, are thoughtful, etc.
I take note of those kids and send home nice notes with those children.
You can earn one everyday.
The kids think this is quite a prize 
to take home a complementary note about their school day.
8. Continue tutoring after school.
9. Each time I pull out a file for a holiday, unit or lesson, clean it out.
Get rid of outdated, non-useable, and multiple copies of papers.
10. Enjoy being able to teach ONE GRADE with less than 30 kids!
I've taught a 2nd/3rd grade split for the last 3 years with about 30 kids.


Looking forward to another great school year!!
Do you set personal/teaching goals for yourself each year?

1 comment:

  1. I love the "nice notes" idea! I hope you have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.