Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas Break 2015: His

We headed to stay with my in laws Christmas night and packed in tons of fun at their house.

We helped my MIL with projects around her house in preparation for events she was hosting and played with lots of Olive's toys.  Olive chased their cats, enjoyed their claw foot bath tub and admired all the ornaments on their trees.  Our room was all decked out for Christmas - bedspread, towels, treats and our own mini tree.  It was like we were staying at our very own Christmas Bed and Breakfast this year.

We baked cookies.  Kevin's mom is Nanny to Olive and she let Olive help out with everything from cracking eggs, mixing with the mixer to dumping in dry ingredients.  Olive was thrilled and she had a major cheering section to oversee her sprinkling :)

 Time to start baking.

 Olive knows her grandpa is a doctor so she loved when he let her use his stethoscope.  He taught her some basic cardiology skills and she listened to everyone's heart beat.  She said our heart beats sounded like "thump thump" and bunny got a check up too.

We went to Christmas Eve service and Olive lasted for about 15 minutes.  I offered her a sucker, but didn't have the color she wanted.  She shouted I want a red one and started crying.  Kevin promptly took her out and we met up after the service.

We had delicious food and loved visiting with family on Christmas Eve.

 Christmas morning at Kevin's parent's house.
We all arrived in our pjs, enjoyed a delicious breakfast and opened gifts.

 Olive loved ripping off the paper and insisted she get every scrap off.
Her Great Grandma was happy to help with the sticky tape.
We listened to some Christmas music after gifts.

 We changed clothes and headed to Kevin's grandparents for Christmas lunch.
Olive found a Santa hat and an oversized Santa to dance with.
She was in heaven.

  I helped my MIL host a shower the day after Christmas.  We made several salads, cheese balls and I forgot how much I enjoy hosting events.  I only knew a few people at the shower, but it was nice to be able to help out.


 My in laws got Olive her own car back in the Fall and she finally learned out to drive it (push the "gas pedal" and steer on her own).  We had a really rainy Christmas break so we had to take advantage of the brief pause in the rain to go for a drive.



 We ate off of Christmas dishes - I can't wait to get mine out of storage :)

The girls made treats and Olive wanted to be right in the middle of everything.  She stirred the cinnamon and sugar and coated the dough balls for monkey bread.  She did great and was really proud of her efforts.  Everything had a light dusting of sugar by the time we were done, but it was all worth it.

 Happy New Year!!
Hope you have a safe, fun & happy time celebrating :)
We have fun dinner reservations and some new games to play after Olive heads to bed.
What are your plans for the evening??

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fantastic and jam packed Christmas break. So good to spend it with family and seeing the excitement through childrens eyes.
    I am going out to a bar with a few of my friends quite the opposite to your New Year ha! Have a good evening and I hope 2016 is good to you I am sure it will be with the arrival of baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all really did do it up right. I'm sure Kevin's parents were excited to see your growing belly. Just think, next year you will have a precious baby boy to take there who will enjoy all that love. Olive will be able to show him all the ropes. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Christmas dishes are SO pretty. I hunted and hunted for some after Christmas but never found anything to settle on. Some day I'll find the perfect set!

    Side note I LOVE the blue in you in-laws house, so so pretty.

    I bet that Doc car is a huge hit and I've always wanted an over sized Santa :).

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.