Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Highlights

We had a jam packed week full of Christmasy fun - sorting gifts now that my shopping is done, wrapping Christmas gifts, mailing care packages, getting our tree, making a gingerbread house, decorating, girls only road trip and Christmas treats!  It was great :)

The best parts of our week were:

1. We gathered our favorite Christmas candies and have been enjoying them all week.  We picked up mini chocolate Santas and sour Santas our of favorite local candy shop - Stephen Libs :)  The cashiers gave Olive a complimentary chocolate Santa after we made our purchase.  I unwrapped it and she promptly shoved the entire thing in her mouth.  It made us all laugh.  We also finished decorating our house for Christmas and I posted a whole home tour earlier this week.

 

 2. Olive's hair is finally long enough for PIGTAILS after 2.5 years :)  She was pretty proud of them and I couldn't believe how big she looked with her new hairdo.

 3. We went on a quick little road trip this week to spend the day with my sister for her birthday.  We thrifted, shopped, lunched and snacked the day away.  It was so much fun.  We hit up our favorite spots - Goodwill & Target, grabbed some food and then we headed home right at nap time.  Olive slept almost the entire drive back and it was a great day.  The first thing Olive said when she woke up from her car nap was, "I had SO FUN with Aunt Haley!"  We did have a nice girl's trip and are really excited to be so much closer to family.  
If you are in Southern, IN you've got to give Azzip Pizza a try!  They've got several locations and their pizza, breadsticks and cookies are amazing.  I can't wait to go back at Christmas time.

4. Our country club hosted the cutest little Gingerbread Making Party last weekend.  We RSVPd weeks ago and were excited to make our house together.  Olive munched on the candy a little, but was more interested in decorating.  I think it was because we weren't decorating with her favorites m&ms, skittles, dum dums,  etc.  Kevin and I built the house and then she helped squeeze the icing on for the candies.  She clapped at the sight of the finished product.  We have the gingerbread house on display on our counter and she's so proud of it.



 5. We always get a real tree and we had high hopes of finding a cute tree lot, selecting a tree and taking some run pictures, but reality set in and we ended up at Lowes late one night picking out our tree.  Most lots were closed for the evening when we headed out so I'm glad Lowes could come to the rescue.  We found a great, skinnyish tree for our family room for under $40.  It smells wonderful and looks so pretty.  Olive loved running around scoping out the trees. 

Any fun plans for your weekend?
We are going to see Santa!
 

16 comments:

  1. {Stopping by from Amanda's link-up. :) } I'm jealous that you have gotten your care packages out in the mail. I *need* to get to the P.O. with our family's gifts or they won't make it in time for Christmas. Oh my goodness, I LOVE your daughter's name, and those pigtails are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun week! Did you find anything while thrifting with your sister? I miss my sisters SO much! Love the house decorating! Are you making friends at the country club? Sounds so neat.

    We are heading to Dallas this weekend (first time visiting there!) for another Rubik's cube competition. Should be fun :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and festive! And that pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, pig tails are the cutest! I will definitely have to give that restaurant a try if I'm ever in the area. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love Azzip!!!

    -Lindsey M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found your tree. That gingerbread house making party looks fun! And her pigtails! So cute!!!

    Becky
    bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so adorable with those little pigtails!

    I love that chalk sign & the pizza looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like soon much fun!! Picking out a Christmas Tree is so fun
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had a Gingerbread making party to go to!!! Aww your little girls pig tails are too cute!! I have to round up my Christmas tree too! Thanks for the Xmas cheer inspiration! =)

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pig tails! I remember doing Peyton's for the first time! That pizza looks delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tree pics! And her pig tails are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh that pizza looks so good! Have a great weekend :)

    Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pig tails!!! oh goodness my favorite. She looks SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Christmas candy. And her sweet pigtails! Also, now I'm craving pizza. What a fun idea with the gingerbread house! I wish ours would do that. Its much easier than buying 10 bags of candy and wondering what to do with all of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much festive fun. I remember the first time my girls could wear pig tails, then a pony tail. Those are HUGE girl mom moments. So much fun. Looks like you are really enjoying the season.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.