We had a jam packed week full of Christmasy fun - sorting gifts now that my shopping is done, wrapping Christmas gifts, mailing care packages, getting our tree, making a gingerbread house, decorating, girls only road trip and Christmas treats! It was great :)
The best parts of our week were:
1. We gathered our favorite Christmas candies and have been enjoying them all week. We picked up mini chocolate Santas and sour Santas our of favorite local candy shop - Stephen Libs :) The cashiers gave Olive a complimentary chocolate Santa after we made our purchase. I unwrapped it and she promptly shoved the entire thing in her mouth. It made us all laugh. We also finished decorating our house for Christmas and I posted a whole home tour earlier this week.
2. Olive's hair is finally long enough for PIGTAILS after 2.5 years :) She was pretty proud of them and I couldn't believe how big she looked with her new hairdo.
3. We went on a quick little road trip this week to spend the day with my sister for her birthday. We thrifted, shopped, lunched and snacked the day away. It was so much fun. We hit up our favorite spots - Goodwill & Target, grabbed some food and then we headed home right at nap time. Olive slept almost the entire drive back and it was a great day. The first thing Olive said when she woke up from her car nap was, "I had SO FUN with Aunt Haley!" We did have a nice girl's trip and are really excited to be so much closer to family.
If you are in Southern, IN you've got to give Azzip Pizza a try! They've got several locations and their pizza, breadsticks and cookies are amazing. I can't wait to go back at Christmas time.
4. Our country club hosted the cutest little Gingerbread Making Party last weekend. We RSVPd weeks ago and were excited to make our house together. Olive munched on the candy a little, but was more interested in decorating. I think it was because we weren't decorating with her favorites m&ms, skittles, dum dums, etc. Kevin and I built the house and then she helped squeeze the icing on for the candies. She clapped at the sight of the finished product. We have the gingerbread house on display on our counter and she's so proud of it.
5. We always get a real tree and we had high hopes of finding a cute tree lot, selecting a tree and taking some run pictures, but reality set in and we ended up at Lowes late one night picking out our tree. Most lots were closed for the evening when we headed out so I'm glad Lowes could come to the rescue. We found a great, skinnyish tree for our family room for under $40. It smells wonderful and looks so pretty. Olive loved running around scoping out the trees.
Any fun plans for your weekend?
We are going to see Santa!