Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas Tour 2015

We are done with our decorating and our house feels so Christmasy!  It's fun to have all of the twinkly lights and sparkly things out.  We've toddler/cat proofed things as much as possible to make the decorations fun for everyone.  Olive's got her areas of soft toys and non breakable decorations that she loves to play with.  It's so fun to see her get excited about Christmas this year - she walks around describing the decorations, feeling all the textures and carrying things around.  She helped decorate the tree, put out decorations and we are enjoying all things Christmas.

I've been collecting decorations for 11+ years, got lots of holiday gift items from my former students and have a fun little assortment.  We didn't get everything out this year since it's in storage, but we made sure to pull out our favorites.

Let the tour begin!!
Welcome to my house.
My mom found this berry wreath for me last year at Hobby Lobby.
Entryway:
I change my chalkboards out monthly.
The toddler friendly area of decorations that gets rearranged all day long.  The Melissa & Doug advent calendar isn't used as an advent yet.  Olive just decorates and undecorates this magnetic tree calling the ornaments buttons.

The Kitchen:
 My green tree collection is one of my favorite collections.
The family room:
  We went with a theme of mostly non-breakable ornaments for our tree this year.  It's proven to be a good choice even though I somehow managed to break two ornaments in the decorating process.  I blame it on pregnancy clumsiness. 
 
OLIVE'S TREE:

 I tried to unplug it when I put her to bed and she insists on sleeping with it on saying, "No, no Mama.  It's so pretty."  I don't blame her :)


We don't have a fireplace this year so we had to get creative with our stockings.
 Olive's manger and Christmas books are out for easy access.

 Kevin's Nana made him this tree when he was little and it's one of our sweetest Christmas decorations.  I love getting it out every year.

 The top of our bookshelves.

 We got out snuggly blankets and Christmas pillows mostly for the cats to enjoy.  I'd much prefer the boys enjoying them instead of plotting ways to climb our trees.

22 comments:

  1. So cute! I adore your green tree collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, I love this peek into your home! You've got such an eye for decorating! I adore your tree collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is so fun and festive, lady! I love the chalkboards and the gingerbread house is fabulous. Such a pretty tree collection, I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is so cute and I love all of the decorations! I also like how you hung your stockings, I don't have a fireplace either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so beautiful! I love that you have a section just for Olive. I know she enjoys being able to touch these things. I love that you have decorated all around the house. I don't have a chalkboard at home but I have one at work and I enjoy changing it out each month. Your home looks very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely loving your green tree collection-it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree collection is so cute! And I love your red reindeer. I collect reindeer and have never seen red before.... where did you get them??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hit the stores after Christmas to score some sweet deals on some décor!! You have done a wonderful job decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh go ahead girlfriend! You're fully decked out! We couldn't bring ourselves to do full blown decor this year and really just focused on the living room areas/tree, and the porch/window candles. Knowing I'm not entertaining for the holidays encouraged me to leave so much of the gear in the attic, like dishes and serving stuff! Your home looks so festive and inviting, and tons of fun for Olive's holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! You did a great job of making the whole house feel festive and ready for Christmas! I love your green tree collection, I remember admiring that in your tour last Christmas. Olive's tree is so cute - I would want it on all night, too! :) Not gonna lie, my favorite picture is the last one with Topher (that's Topher, right?) under the tree. His face has that "I dare you to make me move" look. :) Love it!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stockings, especially the ones for the cats, are so cute!! I love all of your decor. That chalkboard is sooo pretty with that turquoise frame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have the same snowmen Family First Christmas ornament but ours is from 2011 (did you get yours at Babies R Us?) So many cute trees!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute decor! I love the trees and the furbabies are adorable too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your holiday decor! It's so fun to see what everyone does!! Your wreath is gorgeous!! Any details about that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your green tree collection is beautiful! I just love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your house looks amazing! Love that Olive has her own tree - and that she wants to sleep with it on every night :) I don't blame her either! Christmas lights are just so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love! Such a great mix of new and old. I love that Olive has her very own special tree. Christmas trees make the best night lights ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your holiday decorations. Everything is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cats and trees. I'd be happy if mine stopped peeing on the tree skirt. Little jerk. His other fave spot to pee is on the dog toys. He just has a mean kitty streak ha.
    You didn't even bring it all out though? Wow you must have a ton! So many beautiful festive things all over. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all of your decorations. That front door wreath is so pretty! And I love that you went for non-breakable ornaments. Olivia has attempted (I swear) to break a lot of ours. And Olive having her own tree is so sweet. We might need to do that next year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your house looks wonderful! I am so jealous. We are moving in a week and I'm dying to have Christmas in my house. We've been in a slump without our decorations.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.