Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December Recipe Club

I didn't spend much time trying out new recipes this month.  We were busy with holiday plans, gatherings, being sick of and on and ate out a little more than usual.

I thought I'd share a helpful dinner tip with you today.  My favorite thing to do is to cook several pounds of meat at once and use it for 3-4 different meals.  I try to do it on the weekend when I have more time and then weekly dinner prep goes so much faster.  I did it several times this month with ground chicken, turkey breast in the crock pot and grilled chicken strips.

I'm going to show you the dinners I made with the big batch of ground chicken with taco seasoning.  It was on sale one week and my family loves it.  We had three different meals with the big batch of chicken.  I spread them out with other meals in between so it wasn't a completely mexican week at our house.  Another benefit of making the meat this way is that it gets better and better each night.  The seasoning soaks in and it's so yummy!

SOFT TACOS
refried beans, chicken, sharp cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, avocados, sour cream and taco sauce all on a soft taco shell.
Everyone builds their own, wraps them up and they were delicious.

TACO PIZZA
We used soft taco shells and made a taco pizza on top.  Many of the same ingredients as the soft tacos, but we ate these with a fork and added fresh salsa.

TACO SALAD
We swapped out soft taco shells for taco chips and made our own salads.


Here are a few of the recipes that I'm hoping to try in January:

Some type of breakfast sandwiches or burritos for the freezer like these
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches - Easy, make-ahead freezer-friendly sandwiches, perfect for breakfast-on-the-go! Ready in just 2 minutes!

Ham & Swiss Pinwheels
might be cool to take for a work breakfast? even though I don't do meat...others do.:

Easy Lo Mein
Easy Lo Mein ~ The easiest lo mein you will ever make in 15 min from start to finish. It's so much quicker, tastier and healthier than take-out!:

Texas Toast Pizza
Texas Toast Garlic Bread Pizza - Recipe Diaries:


What have you been cooking for your family??

Linking up with Momfessionals & What's Hap-Pinning today

10 comments:

  1. This looks great
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! These all look fantastic and super tasty!
    Link this up with Jessi and I today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you will have to show those freezer sandwiches if you try them; they look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'm such a taco lover at heart, so all the first three especially look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm those recipe pics are making me hungry! I make freezer breakfast burritos with black beans and eggs and sweet potato and they're fab and so easy to grab in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making big batches of meat to use in multiple meals. It makes the whole supper process so much easier when the meat is cooked! Several of your new recipes look amazing...I'm putting those on my "recipes to try" board! Thanks!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  7. texas toast garlic bread pizza!? I see no way that could ever go bad. That looks so amazing!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too cook lots of meat at once. I also make up several hamburger patties at once when I get hamburger meat. I'm going to try the ham and cheese pinwheels and the frozen breakfast sandwiches. I needed some to go breakfast ideas. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to mix up tacos! I made my own version of the ham/swiss pinwheels - I used ham and cheddar and left off the sauce. Super easy and my boys gobbled them up.

    Becky
    bybmg

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a HUGE taco fan so I love the ideas. Those garlic bread pizzas look great and I can't wait to hear about the breakfast sandwiches too.... Okay, now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.