Thursday, December 17, 2015

Guy Behind the Blog

I'm switching things up a bit and have some fun questions to ask Kevin about Christmas.  He's always sweet to read my blog, help me with pictures and is so supportive of it.  So it's fun to turn the tables a bit and interview him :)



1. What's on your Christmas list year?
I'm hoping to get a new coffee maker, coins for my collection, new work clothes and dress shoes.
(Kevin asks for a new coffee maker every year and has quite a collection.  He's got them in his office and at home.  His colleagues told me that they know he's in his office if they can smell coffee.)

2. Did you believe in Santa as a child?  Do you have any funny Santa stories?
Yes, I believed in Santa as a kid.  When I was little Santa came to our house to visit my family.  I figured he'd arrived in a fancy sled so I snuck outside to catch a glimpse of it.  I became very skeptical when I realized he'd arrived in a beat up old clunker of a car.  I figured I'd keep quiet about it for my younger siblings.

3. What is a Christmas tradition you hope to pass on someday?
I always loved having a big Christmas morning breakfast with my family.  My mom would make fancy egg dishes, bacon, sausage, bran muffins, biscuits and juice.  I still love doing this today.  We eat in our pajamas and then open gifts.

4. Do you open presents on Christmas morning or a different time?
Yes, but we have several family gatherings from Christmas Eve to Christmas night where we exchange gifts with our family.  We do Christmas Eve & Christmas Day with my side of the family and then spend Christmas evening with Whitney's side.  We always plan our little family Christmas exchange with the three of us to happen before we travel for Christmas.  I've got a play kitchen to assemble this week so wish me luck!

5. What is your favorite Christmas song? Movie?
I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas is my favorite song because who doesn't want a white Christmas?  I love Elf and Christmas Vacation because they're hilarious movies.

I learned something new - I didn't realize his Santa bubble was burst that way :)

I'm linking up with Heavens to Betsy for her Guy Behind the Blog Series

10 comments:

  1. I'm with Kevin on the movies. I like a funny Christmas movie. I too like a big Christmas Day breakfast. It's great that he participated in this-so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was cute! It's fun learning new things about your husband even after you've been together for awhile. I've known my hubby 8 years and just found out he eats the peel of mandarin oranges. I had to question my decision to marry him after that. :-) ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading all of the posts in this series! Thank you for linking up so I could read yet another!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He must have so many coffee makers! Does he get rid of old ones or is there a coffee maker on every surface? Haha! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these interview posts, glad to see you guys join the fun! Elf and Christmas Vacation are a couple of our favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these interview posts, glad to see you guys join the fun! Elf and Christmas Vacation are a couple of our favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fun post! I loved hearing from Kevin - Elf is one of my favorites too. :)

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute post; I am loving these series! I am laughing that your hubby has a coffee maker collection going on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. His Santa story is hysterical. Shhh I got Dan a coffee maker (AND) espresso maker for Christmas. We needed the coffee maker, so that was sort of a cop out gift. But the espresso one is just for fun. And I can't wait to try it out in February. I think Kevin and I enjoy similar drinks. :) Also, he should not come to CLT for Christmas, its going to be 73 here tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.