Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tuesday Talk: Christmas Thank You Notes

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas break with your family!  Mine was lovely and I am happy to be home after soaking up the fun times with friends and family for over a week.  Now onto the important topic of thank you notes...

Y'all know that I love, love, love thank you notes!

They are at the top of my to do list the week after Christmas.  I used to write them on our flights back home after visiting family for Christmas.  Now I try to squeeze them in during nap times and in the evenings.  I try to write them for everyone who gives a gift or hosts a party I attend.  My husband includes his own note for his gifts on the same card and then I usually insert a hand drawn card from Olive.

I challenge you to send thank you notes 
to everyone that made your holiday 
a little BRIGHTER this year!!

I find the best thank you notes at Target, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and The Dollar Tree.  Occasionally, I will DIY some thank you notes on blank note cards.  My hope is that people feel loved and appreciated when a handwritten note arrives in their mailbox from us.  I'm also hoping that Olive will develop a thankful outlook on life early on and always look for ways to be thankful.

Here's our Christmas thank you note ideas for this year:

I'm going to go with something along the lines of these Kate Spade beauties
Kate Spade Thank You Notes - Two Friends:

I found some really cute thank you note options for kids
on Pinterest that I wanted to share with you today.
Fill-in printable thank you notes for kids:

These super cute printable fill-in-the-blank thank you notes make writing for kids EASY!:

free printable thank you note cards for the kids.  Perfect for Christmas thank you! Adorable!:

It's time to link up with my favorite ladies this week.
It's our last link up of 2015 and there will be some changes coming in 2016.
Check back next week to meet several new hosts.

Here's a last look at our 2015 hosts:

Keri - Living In This Season  ~ Christina - Waltzing In Beauty
Lauren - Simply Free ~  Becky - BYBMG
Jess and Katie - Sweet Little Ones ~ Whitney - Polka Dotty Place
Laura - Life Is Beautiful ~ Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things
Sarah - Abiding In Grace ~ Stephanie - Wife Mommy Me
Polka-Dotty Place

7 comments:

  1. I love Thank you notes, and I have always sent them when we receive gifts. These are some really cute options you have shown!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you notes are dying out in our society - I'm always glad to see people keeping it alive! :) My thank you's are done for this year. I buckled down and got them done before Christmas week was over!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent thank you notes to all my little students who gave me sweet gifts this holiday season. I hope it cultivates in them the meaning of thank you cards. I also want to show them how grateful I am to be thought of. Thank you notes are a special but dying art that I think is important to keep alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These notes are so cute - especially the last ones! I'm terrible at this because my handwriting is atrocious. But I shouldn't hide behind that excuse, I know. Excited to join you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a nice idea! Saying thank-you is nice, but taking the time out to actually send out personalized cards just goes to show how much you really care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun!! I found some cute polar bear thank you notes at target!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love thank you notes! Marissa got a card making kit for Christmas so she is all set up!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.