Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Olive's Monogram

I asked for a vote when deciding which monogram to purchase for Olive's room.  The majority of people voted for the square monogram and I really don't think I could have gone wrong either way.  The square just seemed to go nicely with the crib we picked out.

 I ordered it from Elegance Letters on etsy and was so happy with it!  It was very well made and matched the description perfectly.  I brought it along on my recent trip home because I knew my dad could help me with it.  The monogram doesn't come with hardware for hanging and comes unfinished.  I'd like to say that I helped in the process of finishing it but I really just told my dad how I wanted it done.  Lucky for me he was more than happy to finish it for me. :)

He sanded the whole thing because it was a little rough on the edges.  Wiped it down.
 Then sprayed several coats of Banner Red spray paint.
 Once it had several coats of paint and was dry, he added hardware on the back to hang it.
 He even measured the distance from the middle of each saw tooth hanger so I'd know how to measure it when I was hanging it by myself.  Then he added two screw on the back for hanging.  He's a keeper - no??  I just need to think of my next DIY project for him to help me with :)

It looks so good!!
 My husband thought I'd made a mistake in the arrangement of letter since she's OKJ so I had to explain monogram layout options for him.  My dad said the letters were kind of hard to read at first... silly boys.  They both decided it was nice once it was done but were skeptical at first.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you showed this! I want one myself. I love monogram anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Olive Kate is so lucky to have such an inovative and talented mommy. You did such a beautiful job of decorating the nursery. Loved the monogram. Give Olive Kate a kiss and a big hug from her gr grandma. Much love....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm just a little obsessed with monograming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! If I have kids, they will have everything monogrammed.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.