Monday, April 9, 2012

Homemade Ice Cream

I mentioned last week that my class gave me an ice cream maker.
I put it to good use this week!!
Here was my first attempt at making ice cream.
I'll include a few tips that I figure out :)
They gave me this ice cream mix and said it was the best.
You just have to dump it in the mixer.
My first attempt of just dump half of the mix into the container and turn it on
did not end up making any icecream.
The liquid stayed liquid after 30 minutes of spinning.

I was surprised that the ice cream mixer did not come with an instruction manual.
This was unfortunate but I ended up find one on-line that included recipes.
After reading the instructions,
I realized that you were supposed to freeze the cylinder
for at least 6 hours prior to making ice cream.
Rookie mistake!


Take 2:
Cylinder was frozen overnight
and I filled the container 3/4 of the way full and turned it on.

Add the lid and set the timer for 30 minutes.
This looks promising.
 Wowza!
I was in ice cream heaven.
I decided to stick it in the freezer for a while longer so that it could firm up.
You certainly could eat it right away.
Transferred to a bowl with a lid.
After freezing for several hours.
 Very scoopable.
We decided to make brownie sundaes.
They were delish!
 We also tried the ice cream with chocolate syrup.
Delish!
 And another night we had chocolate syrup and caramel syrup.
It did not disappoint.
 This ice cream was amazing!
Can't wait to share all the recipes that I make with you!
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.