Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fraction Pizzas

I've been teaching about fractions lately.
I wanted to do a fun activity so my kids could show what they know about fractions!
Here was my sample pizza.
 You'll need the following supplies to make this happen:
1 sheet of heavy white paper
a circle copied on brown construction paper
(I used a circle divided into fourths for the students)
a sheet of red paper per child
scrap paper bin for all the toppings
glue sticks

I wrote out step-by-step instructions and posted them
 
Cut out the pizza and add tomato sauce
 Toppings
* allow for plenty of time to clean up because this gets MESSY

The kids had to write out a description of their fractions
to correspond with their pizza slices.
 The pizzas turned out to be really cute!
I was impressed with how well they did 
dividing their pizzas into halves, fourths and eighths.
 Too cute...
 Our pizzeria has gotten a lot of attention in the hall.
Always love to see their creativity come through in full force.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.