Friday, July 19, 2024

Friday Faves


Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope this week has been a good one for you.

The highlights of my week were:

1. Candy Salad!  The kids have had so much fun making these candy salads this Summer.  We head to the store to grab several bags of several gummies.  They usually grab favorites and a few new thinsg to try.  Mix them all together in a big bowl and make treat bags.  They love to do this with friends and for road trips.  I bet you people would love doing this!


2. Chicken Salad Chick.  It's my favorite lunch ever.  I love the Olivia's Old South (egg and chicken salad combo) and the Fancy Nancy (fruit and nut).  This is my go to order with broccoli salad, scoops of chicken salad and crackers and a cookie.  Best trio ever.


3. Date night!  I booked one of our favorite babysitters and we headed out to dinner for Kevin's birthday week.  We ate at a new to us hibachi restaurant and had a great time.  We always do a mix of errands and dinner out.  Practical and fun.  Typical parent move.


4. Fun snacks.  I like to pick up fun snacks like this for Summer travel.



5. Photo by Leo.  Leo has figure out how to take pictures and it cracks me up to find pictures like this and 100 more on my camera roll.

6. We celebrated Kevin's birthday with family.  His grandmas are all of our favorites.  Plus pizza for dinner and homemade birthday cake.  We did a few sparklers, but the weather was too stormy for any fireworks.




7. Can you jump your own car?  I can now say yes to that question.  My van has some strange glitch that we are trying to sort out and occasionally the battery dies despite being a perfectly good battery.  So Kevin talked me through how to jump it when I had the van loaded up with kids to go to dentist appointments this week.  It was stressful, but I'm glad to know how to do it.


8. After an hour of waiting in the dentist office the wheels were falling off the Leo wagon.  He did great, but waiting is hard for four year olds.  He was putting on dance shows at this point.



Have a wonderful weekend!  We're traveling so it'll be a few days before I check back in again!

3 comments:

  1. What a great week! So glad you guys got to get away for a date night. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your date night dress is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those recharging batteries are so good! I love Chicken Salad chick, but always forget there is one right down the street. The company started in Auburn, AL!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.