Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Swap Out Those Knobs

Are you ready for a super simple DIY project today?

I'm swapping out knobs in our main floor half bathroom.

It's a busy spot where the kids are always popping in to wash hands and head back outside or friends and family use this bathroom when they're over.  I mentioned that I've been working on a little makeover.  I'm really happy with the direction the bathroom is heading and these new knobs are lovely.

I originally purchased them from Hobby Lobby a few years ago for another project.  Then we moved and I've just been saving them for the perfect spot.  They still had the tags on them and I still loved them just as much as I did a few years ago.

Hello, lovely new knobs!

They're so lovely and interesting and go perfectly with the bathroom vibe.  I've read that the best way to mix metals in a space is to repeat them a few times.  I've got several silver fixtures that are staying put and plan to repeat the brushed bronze in picture frames on a future gallery wall in this space.  Maybe even a brushed bronze soap dispenser.

Goodbye, old knobs.

They aren't horrible.  I just really dislike the knobs that the builder choose for our entire house.  They are sharp on the edges and are always scraping legs or catching shorts.  And they rarely are perfectly straight so I'm always messing with them to keep them just right.  They are a pain and slowly but surely they'll all be getting replaced.




I just needed a screw driver to swap the knobs.  It was very easy.  The hardest part was keeping the toddler away from the tools and keeping the curious cats out of the way.

Real talk: No one in my family has noticed the new knobs, but I love them so much!  

These kind of simple swaps are my favorite DIYs.  The little details matter to me and make space feel like home.  Now I smile every time I'm tidying up this busy bathroom.

Do you have any rooms that could use a simple swap like this one?


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! And I love your rug and that kleenex cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little changes in decor can make such a difference. We changed a light fixture and knobs in our kitchen, and we are so happy with the updates. Love your new bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the macrame wall hanging

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pop of gold. And I'm so glad to know about how to mix metals. I've got some places that just aren't right and I'm going to try to add some more accents to bring out the color I want to highlight without replace all the fixtures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! Hobby lobby has such a good selection!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.