Friday, June 10, 2022

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you've had a nice week with your people.  We're hitting our summer stride and having a lot of fun together.

The best parts of our week were:

1. Fancy Date Night

Kevin and I got invited to represent his university at a local charity event and we had a great night.  Yummy food, new friends and good times.  I loved my dress!  It was so comfy and so pretty.  I'm debating ordering it in another color.  It would be perfect to wear to any fancy event, wedding, bridesmaid dress or event.  10/10 recommend.  Here's my Amazon link to it:

Here's my Amazon link to it:

I ordered the color "C Purple" and it was gorgeous!  Anything with 10k reviews and just $50 for a formal dress is an AMAZING find in my book. 


2. Shelly

The kids rescued a turtle from the road after a big rain and then kept her for a few days.  They took great care of her and definitely shed some tears when she escaped.  We learned lots about turtles this week - best guess on trying to figure out their age, their diet, their foot prints and watching her GO.  She was faster than we expected.  Their animal rescue club with neighbor buddies is thriving.  Many frogs and a turtle were saved this week.





3. Zoo Day

We headed to the zoo on a cool morning and got to learn more about the penguins.  We love living in a city with a zoo 20 minutes from us.

4. Poolside Birthday

We got to celebrate one of our buddies poolside.  The kids loved the diving board and slide.  They're both great little swimmers.  Jacque and I decided that lifeguarding big kids is way more fun than little ones haha.


5. Roadtrip Wedding Weekend

We spent the day in Cincinnati to celebrate our friends getting married.  It was fun to go on an adventure with just the big kids while Leo stayed home and had fun with Mimi & Papaw.


6. Salad Bar for Dinner

I posted this picture on IG and got lots of questions about salad bar dinners.  I chop up all the veggies in the afternoon and then pop them in the fridge for dinner time.  Everyone builds their own salad at dinner.  I usually have Kevin grill chicken or grab a rotisserie chicken.  Have your rotisserie chickens been tiny lately??  The last few that I've purchased have barely fed our family of 5 for dinner.




7. My flowers

All of my flower pots are filling in so nicely.  I've decided that it's very wonderful to have a sprinkler system that is scheduled to water the grass and also hits the nearby flower pots.  It saves me from ever having to think about them.  I just water the ferns and let the sprinklers do the rest.


8. Mom School

Each day I try to come up with new things that I can teach the kids and I call it mom school.  Some days it's things like folding towels, or chopping veggies.  And other days it's learning how to grocery shop.  We did several shopping trips lately and they are really getting good at it.


9. Evansville Otters

We went to a local baseball game with my parents last night and had so much fun!  The weather was perfect.  The snacks were delicious and there was a really fun crowd.  Fletcher loved seeing the otter mascot, Olive hopped in a photo for me and Leo wanted nothing to do with him unless he was far away and then he'd wave to him.  We stayed for a little over 5 innings which felt like a win for our first baseball game with a two year old and it was dinner time.








10. Turonis Pizza

We grabbed Turonis Pizza for dinner after the game and it was so good!!  We can't wait to go back.  It's probably been 15+ years since we ate here so it was a fun treat to bring the whole family.  The pizza was really great, bread sticks were yummy and Fletcher would recommend the grilled cheese kid's meal.

 




I hope you had a wonderful weekend!!  I'm taking the next week or so off from blogging to give my family my full attention.  See you soon!

Linking up with Momfessionals

5 comments:

  1. Yes, our rotisserie chickens have been so small too!! And kinda tough meat as well where it doesn't fall off the bone as easily. I've started making my own sometimes in the crockpot, although it's not as convenient for sure.

    Mom school!!! I love that idea and the things you are teaching them!! I forget to be intentional when I include them in whatever I'm doing, such as laundry or cooking. I like that you take the time to teach it to them correctly or well!

    We are about 20 minutes from our zoo as well but our membership expires next week and we probably won't renew right away because our baby is due end of June. I'm hoping to get there one more time next week! Is yours the Ft Wayne zoo or the Indianapolis one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week! I love both your outfits from the wedding and the charity event - so pretty! We always loved going to Cincinnati when I was growing up in Indiana. I've noticed that the rotisserie chickens have gotten smaller and the prices have gotten bigger - over Memorial Day weekend they were $10 at my grocery store. You're so intentional with things like Mom School and saying yes to all their fun requests - sounds like the perfect balance for summer! <3 Enjoy your time away from the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom School is such a great idea. Loved seeing all your photos from the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom School! I think I could benefit from that right now! Your week looked wonderful - your dress (and you!) are gorgeous. I hope your enjoying your week away! :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. We ate several times at Turoni's when Truett was in the NICU. We enjoyed the cheesy bread. We visited the zoo for Truett's birthday, but it was HOT so we lasted just a little bit. A baseball game sounds fun, but I don't think we'd last long! Fun things happening at your house.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.