Friday, September 7, 2018

The Best Parts

Happy Friday!!  WE had a great week and are looking forward to a quiet weekend at a home.  Here were the best parts of our week:

1. College Football is Back
Notre Dame beat Michigan in the home opener and it was a really fun game!  We love football season!  Olive has started making up her own cheers.  Fletcher carries the football around all week.  Did your team win this week?



2. Sunday School
The kids came home with great lessons from church - Olive made glasses to help remind her to look for ways to help others and Fletcher made his own burning bush.  Church is going really well and we are all looking for ways to get plugged in and meet more people this Fall.  

3. Solo Errands
I don't end up running solo errands very often because I almost always have a kid or two with me.  It was a real treat to do some returns, shopping and browsing by myself this week.  I found some great clearance shorts for Fletcher for next Summer and some fun finds at TJ Maxx.

 4. Rural King
Do you have a Rural King near you?  I do and am always surprised at the stuff we find there.  The kids love looking at the animals (bunnies this time of year).  I got this cotton wreath for $14.98.  It looks great on my front door.  I also found this pack of sweet Thanksgiving plates for kids for $3.99.  Can't wait to pull them out in November.



5. Labor Day
We had the best Labor Day weekend.  We swam, went apple picking and really enjoyed the long weekend.  Fletcher fond these googles at the pool.  He looked so cute in them!



6. Apple Pie Cheesecake
This delicious dessert was served at the Labor Day dinner we went to at the club and it was amazing.  Cheesecake is one of my very favorite treats.  I'd love to recreate this recipe maybe as cheesecake bars??

7. Mama and Me
We have been having the best time together during the days.  Fletcher is getting to try new things, play with new friends and loving our new school year routine.  This week we got donuts and met some policemen, went to story time, played at a park and had fun with friends.

8. Oreos
My whole family loves oreos.  We had mini Oreos in lunches, this fun Oreo treat at the Labor Day dinner and I bought a family size package of Oreos for the weekend.


9. Zucchini Boats
I shared a recipe for Taco Zucchini Boats this week.  They're my new favorite food.  I can't tell you how delicious they were.  I'm excited to try lots of different flavor combinations for making more zucchini boats.  I'll be sure to share any other yummy recipes with you!

10. Reading.
We've all been working on reading more.  Book clubs with the kids, reading for fun throughout the day and making books an important part of our daily routine.  What are you reading or what are your favorite books??  I'm excited to add some new books to my must read list.

Hope you have a great weekend!!


Linking up with My Glittery Heart

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE Rural King! I find my garden flags there. They have a lot of cute outdoor décor there. We recently joined a small group at our church and are reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. So glad you found a church you and your kids like. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to look up rural king… I haven’t heard of it but it sounds right up my alley. Your zucchini boats look yummy! II will add that to my menu plan for next week! Our football team plays the patriots on Sunday… It is going to be a great game...oh I hope we win!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well both of those desserts look delicious! Our team got rained out so this weekend's bigger inner-state rivalry game is going to be our first game. Fingers crossed for a Cyclone victory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course now that I don't have a Rural King around the corner they have such cute wreaths. DANG IT! And football... what's that? James isn't a sports fan and I am so I don't get to watch it as much as I would like! Happy weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great week. Rural King sounds like a fun store. We don't have that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great week. Our Dawgs won!! I love your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much GOOD stuff friend!!!
    I love that you’ve found a church home!! I know you have been wanting to find a place where your family felt at home...so what an answered prayer!
    Labor Day looked like a blast and love that ya”lol are reading together more. One of my favorite things is when we pile up in our book area and read together!
    Have a wonderful weekend friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a family of oreo lovers too! Anthony read an article a few years ago where an experiment was supposedly done on lab mice/rats that showed that the effects of oreos were as addictive to the specimen as like cocaine or something. haha I made zucchini boats a few nights ago too! I had some pepeprs to use it so mixed in a little marinara and mozz and called them pizza boats.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.