Monday, September 17, 2018

Cucumber Salad and Loads of Veggies!

I've mentioned before that my family is obsessed with cucumbers.  The kids eat tons of them.  I love them and we go through so many each week.  We love English cucumbers (the ones that are long and skinny and are individually packaged) and the mini ones.

We had a back to school picnic to go to with Kevin's students on Saturday and I opted to bring a salad to share.  It turned out so yummy!!  The mini cucumbers make the cutest salad.


Ingredients:
Mini Cucumbers 8 - peel some and leave some with the peelings and slice thin
Purple onion to taste
Handful of Snap peas chopped
1 chopped green onion
Feta cheese to taste
1/2 c Balsamic Dressing


This salad is best served fresh.  The feta turns mushy and isn't good leftover.

Chop all the veggies.  Add the dressing and refrigerate.

Wait to add in the feta until right before serving.

Now I'm craving veggies...

Roasted Veggie Frittata 

Fresh Avocado Salsa

Zoodle Stir Fry


Taco Zucchini Boats - I just bought more zucchini and can't wait to make more of these!

The kids LOVE hanging out with Kevin's students.  They are always so sweet to the kids.  It was a gorgeous day for a picnic at the park.


 I also ate a delicious pumpkin bar that I'm anxious to replicate... it had a layer of cheesecake in the middle and was topped with mini chocolate chips.  Olive and I loved them!

Happy Monday!!  Hope you have a wonderful week!!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy looking salad...Use to Love new recipes..That is the way to find new favorites..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE cucumbers!!! Eat them everyday!! This salad looks so yummy and so do those pumpkin bars! YUMMO.
    Always love the fun recipes you share friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pumpkin bar looks amazing....then you said cheesecake and now my stomach is growling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love cucumber salad - I took note of your tip to leave some with and some without the peel, that's so smart! The added texture makes such a visual difference. <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.