Thursday, September 6, 2018

Apple Picking Pros

We went apple picking for the second year in a row.  I think that makes us pros :)

Kevin and Olive both had Monday off of school for Labor Day.  We wanted to make sure and really enjoy the day.  I was excited to see our favorite orchard was open so we made some last minute plans to go apple picking.  The kids LOVE doing this.  We had so much fun picking apples last year.  Apple Picking 2017.  It's so fun, easy and delicious.

We usually go with our friends or go during the day, but I just couldn't stand the thought of going without Olive since she's in school all day.  Going on her day off worked out perfectly.  Kevin hadn't been apple picking since he was a kid.  Spoiler alert: He loved it and is already planning another trip to go back in a couple of weeks.   We picked Honeycrisp (our favorites) and Fuji.  We picked Golden Delicious last year.  They were some of the best apples I've ever eaten so I'm hoping we make it back when those are ready to be picked.

The kids were super fast pickers and we were enjoying apples in the shade in no time.  We came home with tons of apples.  Stay tuned for some yummy apple recipes this month.  Kevin's first request is an apple pie.  I've pinned recipes for apple crisp, baked apples, applesauce and apple cake :)
















This fun adventure was a good reminder to me that last minute plans can be so much fun!!  We feel ready to welcome Fall to the Midwest :) 

8 comments:

  1. Olive's apple dress is so cute! What a fun day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely memories you’re creating! I grew up surrounded by apple orchards, so this makes me very nostalgic- love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the weekend Paul and I were reminiscing about the apple picking field trips from our Midwest childhoods! Looks like you all had a lovely time - so glad everyone got to join. :) Lat year I made a recipe for apple muffins that was amazing. I'll send you the pin in case you need more recipes after your 2nd round of apple picking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great family trip!!! I LOVE fall apples!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so fun! I really wish there was an apple picking farm around here. Adorable pictures of your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love apple picking and my kids love dipping apples in caramel and mini chocolate chips so we always have to get a big haul!!! We just went with my parents and the ones we picked are almost all gone already :(!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You dressed perfectly for the event! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun. It’s been forever since we have been apple picking. I need to plan a trip.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.