Monday, January 13, 2014

Workout Routines

 How do you find time in your day for exercise??
What do your kids or husband do when you exercise??

Pre-baby workouts looked something like this for me:
Go on long walks in the evenings
Bike rides
Go to the gym with my hubby and make funny faces at each other while we ran
elliptical time
a workout DVD here and there

Now I'm struggling to find a good workout routine partially because
I have a pint sized peanut as my sidekick most of the time and
partially because I'm struggling to stay motivated and not make excuses.

I've purchased Jillian Michaels
I have access to a free workout facility
and I live near in an area with a good walking path.
I also just bought a new scale to help keep me on track.
When the weather was nicer, we'd go for walks in the evening 
and I did the DVDs sporadically for several months.

Olive naps 3 times a day for about an hour give or take a few.
I have done workouts when she naps but it was always tricky to juggle things.
So I guess I'm asking for help...
help me to figure out a good exercise routine for myself...
pretty please :)
I'm not consumed by weight loss, or obsessing over it
but I would like to be my healthiest self in 2014. 
I'd love to hear your suggestions for incorporating exercise into your routines.

3 comments:

  1. oh gosh, this isn't easy! when my oldest was Olive's age, I used 30 minutes of her lunch time nap to exercise. That has (mostly) carried over even now that they are bigger, only now they are having their 30 minute daily room time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like the last person to help with this because I suck at working out! And I don't even have kids! I'm much more of an "exercise through sports rather than working out" person but in the adult world, there isn't much in the way of playing sports haha. My #1 recommendation would be to find a partner - a friend or your husband - and do it together so you hold each other accountable. And having company makes things more fun :) Hope you find something that works and sticks for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined a gym today with free childcare. I stuck the kids in childcare while I filled out the paperwork. Didn't want to wear them out on the first day so I didn't actually do anything. Now to see if I can build a routine around that. So I'm a totally inexperienced person to suggest anything. But I do enjoy goal setting! Maybe a set daily plan like... 30 minutes of workout videos during Olive's 1st nap and then a walk w/Olive after 2nd nap (if weather is okay). Not necessary that but being that specific helps me.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.