Friday, January 3, 2014

Highlights of My Week

We said goodbye to an eventful 2013 this week
and are excited to see what 2014 has in store for our family. 
The best parts of my week were:

1.  We had a great road trip to Indiana to spend Christmas with our families.  We attended family parties on both sides of our families, ate way too much, had fun seeing friends, and just enjoyed time with our loved ones.  Olive's 1st Christmas did not disappoint.  We all have new toys and fun things to use in the new year.

2. I went to Panera for breakfast with my parents.  We finished up and left to go do a bit of shopping.  I buckled up and looked to my left to see this doggy driver :)  My mom and I cracked up - who knew dogs could drive?!?!?  It looks like he takes his job very seriously :)

3. Santa brought me a new camera -  Canon Rebel T3 - and a Brother sewing machine!!  They've been on my wish list for months and I can't wait to learn how to use both of them this year.   Any tips for helping me to learn to sew???

 4. We rang in the New Year at home this year.  Olive wanted to showcase her standing skills and we had a relaxing evening.  I've been battling a cold all week so it was nice to hang out at home.

5.  I'm hoping to have a productive weekend - take down our Christmas decorations, write my Christmas thank yous, buy a high chair, super clean my house, go out to eat, enjoy having my husband around and find a few new recipes to try next week.

Hope you have a great weekend!!!
Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas! I love sewing, although it's a hobby I don't carve out enough time for anymore. Check pinterest for lots of tutorials. Between those & some help from my mom I practically taught myself how to sew. It's addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Christmas, your baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found your blog on Friday's Fab Favorites! :) Your sweet little Olive is SO adorable! I love seeing baby's first Christmas photos... they are always so precious. Happy New Year and a very happy weekend to you too!
    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a cutie on your hands. It looks like you had a great Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. A camera and a sewing machine, that's so exciting! Thanks for linking up with me today =)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.