Thursday, January 9, 2014

Amazing Brownie Cookies

I have the WORLD'S BEST cookie recipe to share with you today!!
My husband loves brownies, I love cookies
- marry the two and these cookies sure are amazing!!

I modified this recipe to make it my own.
Ingredients:
1/2 c room temp butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg at room temp
2 t vanilla
1 heaping c flour
1/2 heaping c cocoa powder
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c mini M&Ms - save a handful to top the cookies with before baking
(I picked out all of the red ones so they would be festive for Valentine's Day)

Recipe makes 18-20 cookies.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.


Cream together butter and sugars, Add egg, vanilla and all of the dry ingredients.  The batter will seem thick but it's supposed to be that way.  Stir the chocolate chips and most of the mini M&Ms into the batter with a spatula.  Remember to save some of the M&Ms to add onto the top of the cookie dough balls.
 Use your cookie scoop to scoop out the dough.  Put on a greased cookie sheet and bake.  The edges will seem done and the middle a little gooey.  Be sure to let the cookies cool for several minutes on the warm cookie sheet before removing them.

 Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on cookie sheet.
 Transfer to wax or foil paper to finish cooling.
You should probably taste test one or two just to make sure they are good :)

 After cooling for about an hour, they'll be ready to plate.
 Such a happy, plate of cookies!!

These cookies are my new favorite recipe!!  They are so easy to throw together and I always have the ingredients in my pantry.  They are delicious warm and become chewy as they cool.  I am anxious to make them again because they didn't last long.  I also love the how lovey, dovey, valentinesy they look.  I'm sure that I'll make these throughout the year and use all of the colored M&Ms but the red is especially fun this time of year!!  I hope you give them a try SOON.  Be sure to let me know how they turned out for you.

8 comments:

  1. You had me at brownie cookies!! My two favorite sweets! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! Following you on Bloglovin' :)
    xo,
    Monica
    http://glamvolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mister likes brownies here too! I just might have to hit up the grocery today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy!!

    xo
    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It
    http://iputabirdonit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually not a brownie or cookie girl, but my boyfriend will sincerely thank you for me stumbling upon this recipe. He will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look super yummy! Would go amazing with ice cream in the middle of 2 cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking this up to Link'n Blogs, they look delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum...these sound like my kind of cookie!! Thanks for sharing over at The Weekend Re-Treat hope to see you Thursday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to pin that brownie cookie recipe. It will be perfect for Valentines!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.