Saturday, September 15, 2012

Football Rolls

We love cinnamon rolls at our house.
I have tried many recipes but I've found MY FAVORITE!!
I came across this recipe for Sinful Cinnamon rolls and was sold.

I made lots of changes so here's my festive version of
FOOTBALL ROLLS

DOUGH:
1 c warm water
1 packet of dry yeast
1/8 c sugar
1/4 c milk
1 t salt
1 egg
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 stick softened butter
2 T cinnamon

FILLING:
1/2 stick softened butter
3/4 c sugar
1/8 cinnamon

FROSTING:
1 stick softened butter
1/2 bag confectioner's sugar
1 t vanilla
1 T milk
1 T cinnamon

*This recipe makes about 10 rolls and is very easy to double.

Add yeast packet to warm water, stir and proof with sugar.
Let it bubble for about 5 minutes.
 Put into mixer and add milk, salt and egg.
Add flour a little at a time and then the butter.
 Add cinnamon to dough.
 Cover and let rise for at least 30 minutes.
 Put rolls on a greased cookie sheet.
 dough after it had time to rise
 Put dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out thin.
 Like so:
 yummy cinnamon throughout.
 Smear softened butter all over the dough going all the way to the edges.
 Sprinkle sugar over the top.
 Be generous with the cinnamon.
 *optional (mandatory at my house) Add LOTS of pecans.
 I broke them into pieces.
 I drizzle icing onto the dough so that there is a little icing INSIDE the roll.
Husband loves this.
 Roll it up.
 Carefully slice and shape into footballs.
 Looks SOOOOOOOO good.
 Cover and let rise for at least 30 minutes.
 Done.  Reshape your little footballs if they lost their shape while rising.
 I thought they needed a few more pecans...
 Cream together all frosting ingredients to get this:
 Separate out a few spoonfuls of icing to keep white.
Add cinnamon to the majority of the frosting.
 Stir until you get this look:
 Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
I baked mine for 15 and loved the way they turned out.
 Let them cool for a few minutes.
 Add a generous dollop of cinnamon frosting to each football.
Spread around.
 Put white frosting in a baggie and cut off a very small piece of the corner.
This is a cheap way to do an icing bag
and it's perfect because you won't need to use it for a lot.
 Go through and add an icing lace to each football.

 Look at all the deliciousness inside:

 The p.e.r.f.e.c.t. game day breakfast :)
Kevin & both agreed that this recipe is amazing!
I will be making these again 
and dare I say that I've found my new go to cinnamon roll recipe??

I'm linking up with

1 comment:

  1. Looks so YUMMY!!! Once I get my oven working or a new oven I am making these for breakfast.. Looks so easy and yummy- def going to try it with the icing in the middle too..:)
    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.