Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Statue of Liberty Turns 125

 In honor of Lady Liberty turning 125, we decided to draw her portrait.
I used my SMARTboard and did a step by step colored pencil drawing with my class.
Then they added a party scene on their black paper with oil pastels.
Once their party scene was done, they glued their cut out lady on.
I told this little girl that she forgot to put hair on both sides of her lady.
She said, "Oh no, Mrs. J.  She has her hair in a bun!"
I didn't realize that she was so stylish :)
 I taught the kids a lot of facts about her and we visited these sites to familiarize ourselves with the lady.
Did you know that there is a new webcam at the Statue of Liberty?
It's really cool!  Check it out.
We also checked out this site for facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.