Saturday, November 12, 2011

Individual Apples Pies

Individual pies have been getting a lot of publicity lately.
I found this Petite Pie Mold at World Market recently for a reasonable $6.99.
 I cut my favorite apple pie recipe in half to make four mini pies.
 I made a recipe for a 9in pie crust and it produced 4 mini pies.
 I was a little worried about the seal around the edge so I used a fork to press the edges again.
 They baked on parchment paper for 35 minutes.
Let cool and garnish with mini scoops of 1/2 fat vanilla ice cream.
YUM!
Tips: 
The thicker the pie filling the better
Roll your crust really thin
Use a fork to help seal the edges of each pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.