Wednesday, September 4, 2024

6 Working Mom Dinners

I'm trying hard to figure out the best way to work all day and still cook dinner for my family.  That means grocery shopping and menu planning on the weekends.  Kevin grabbing take out a time or two each week.  Paper plates instead of real plates.  Saying yes to help and planning ahead.  I just wrapped up my first month of work and feel like I have found a routine that works.

I need meals that come together quickly and clean up quickly.

I try to thaw my protein during the day or prep it on the weekends to heat up quickly at dinner time.  Something easy like tacos - cook the meat ahead of time and then just reheat and add the seasoning for dinner.  It saves a ton of time when dinner time rolls around.

1. Pot Roast, fresh sweet corn, loaded roasted potatoes and fruit.


This Beef Roast is so good!  It's a little pricey, but it's so much cheaper than going out to eat.  I buy two pacakges for us for dinner.  That leaves me with leftovers for lunch.

2. Keilbasa sausage, green beans and onions, breadsticks and fruit.  I try to always keep these things in my freezer ready to thaw and eat - thin green beans, keilbasa sausages (2 for my family) and frozen breadsticks.  I know my family will always love this meal.

3. I made these Hot Hawaiian Roll Italian Sandwiches again and they were so good!  The recipe comes together so quickly on a busy night.  And they reheat really well leftover.  Just keep the lettuce mixture on the side and add as you eat them.  I served them with chips and fruit and made PBJs for the boys since they didn't love them.

4. Greek food!    We brought home leftovers from our Greek meal I told you about last week.  It was all delicious so I jumped at the chance to bring home leftovers.

5. Tacos or Spaghetti
Brown the meat ahead of time and then tacos or spaghetti comes together really quickly on a week night.  We've been using up tomatoes and jalapenos from our garden.

6. And if anyone offers to make you dinner, bring you dinner or Door Dash a meal for you - say YES!  My sweet MIL has been bringing us dinner once a week.  It's a feast and it is such a treat to know that a delicious dinner is being delivered at the end of a long day.

What are some quick and easy dinners at your house?

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried Mississippi Roast? it's so easy...throw a roast, packet of gravy mix, packet of ranch, stick of butter and pepperoncini peppers in your crock pot and cook all day. You can google MS Roast! Add potatoes and carrots too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some friends over for brunch after church a few weeks ago. I made a quiche, pancake muffins, and baked oatmeal all the day before and then reheated them at 300 degrees when we got home from church. Too often I forget about making things ahead of time and reheating! I'm also trying to double meals and freeze one when I make easy things to double-- tacos, sloppy joes, etc.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.