Friday, September 20, 2024

Friday Faves

Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you've had a good week.  

Life is busy over here still taking things one day at a time and we are all ready for the weekend.  

The best parts of our week were:

1. This PRETTYGARDEN dress from Amazon.  It needs a moment.  It's gorgeous, lined, such pretty patterns and details and it is HALF OFF right now.  I own it in this pretty navy floral colorway and the purple colorway.  I'm tempted to add the orange to my wardrobe for Fall.  The quality is so good.  Wouldn't it be so pretty for all of your Fall events or family pictures or tailgates??  I wore it for picture day at school and church and it always draws tons of compliments.  It runs true to size and comes in size XS-XXL.  The material is so soft and comfy and looks way more expensive than it is.  RUN and grab this dress for yourself ASAP!

PRETTYGARDEN Boho Dresses - Navy floral

PRETTYGARDEN Boho Dresses - Purple floral

PRETTYGARDEN Boho Dresses - Orange floral

PRETTYGARDEN Boho Dresses - Wine red floral


2. Topher.  He hasn't been feeling 100% lately.  Life is hard when you are 15.  We have been trying to give him extra love and pampering.  I'm still his favorite person and his favorite time of day is still when everyone goes to bed and he has my full attention.

3. Fall treats!  I grabbed all the Fall treats for school lunches this week.  The kids went crazy for the candy pumpkins and Reese's pumpkins.

4. One of my students broke his armt his week so I had my mom dig through her photo album archives and send me this gem.  Kindergarten Whitney with a broken arm.  We bonded over our kindergarten broken arms.  I didn't tell him that I followed this broken arm up with two more in the following years! Yikes.  I still remember this like it just happened.

5. Bundt cakes.  My kids finally love cake.  Hooray!  They love anything I bake in a bundt pan.  Who can blame them?!  Bundt cakes really are superior cakes.  My favorite combo is homemade buttercream with a jazzed up box cake mix.  The kids picked Funfetti + vanilla buttercream.

6. Mommy train.  That's what we call it when I'm in charge of getting the boys to school.  Everyone ride the Mommy train!  It leaves earlier than we'd like, but we try to make the drive fun.  They love to roll down the windows, watch the tractors work in the fields as we drive and pick the songs we listen to.  It's sweet to get to go to school together.  Here is us waiting at a stoplight heading to school for Western Day.

7. Mr. Mittens is very proud to announce that he can now jump up on the counters.  Darn it.  I was hoping we'd have more time before he figured this out.  His cute little furry face is my favorite.  Don't tell my family, but he's been sleeping with me at night so I think that means I'm his favorite.

8. Back to school dinner.  We joined Kevin's department for their annual back to school dinner at a local pizza spot.  The Slice was yummy and the kids loved trying a variety of pizza slices.  We won a Fall candle from the prizes which delighted the kids.  I rarely buy candles or anything scented so it was a treat.


9. I don't want to forget this face.  Leo makes it when he's asking for something that he knows should be a no.  Like can I have another PBJ?  One more Hawaiian roll?  A few more gummy bears??  He raises his eye brows, sits up extra tall and hopes that you'll be hypnotized into saying yes to his request.  It's my favorite.

10. Our okra stash.  Our freezer is packed with okra and it makes me so happy.  Our okra plants and seeds did so well in our garden this year.  A year of composting really helped.  We have been harvesting like crazy and have all this okra to enjoy in soups and as side dishes this Fall.

11. Bougie nap.  I found Mr. Mittens napping on one of my favorite pillows this week.  We both squeezed in a Saturday nap.  I like his style!

12. The weather has been so nice in the evenings.  We're playing outside after dinner and soaking up the cool temps before the time changes for Fall.

13. Nana turned 88 this week!  We got to celebrate with her on Sunday.  We're so thankful to have her in our lives.  She's the best host, the sweetest lady, she always wants to hear about you and is always thrilled to see you.  Nana is the best.

14. Road trip dinner with friends.  I drive an hour north and they drive an hour south and we have the best evening together every quarter.  We work in a little shopping, dinner and drive thru dessert.  It's one of my favorite nights to catch up with some of my favorite mom friends.  I'm so thankful that despite our busy lives we are still able to make time to see each other.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for being here.

Linking up with Momfessionals

2 comments:

  1. Omg for a second I thought that was Olive. She looks so much like tiny Whitney. #twins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new dress is so pretty!
    Aww! Topher. He looks like such a lovely cat and that was so sweet that you bonded with a student over a broken arm.
    Your Mommy train sounds like a lot of fun and the please face from Leo did make me chuckle. He is just adorable. How could you say no to that face. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.