Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Packing School Lunches

We are into the school routine and packing lunches x4 every single day.  I'm not sure that I'll ever get used to that 5:30am alarm, but we are finding our routines this year.

The kids tell me often that their lunches are a bright spot in their day.  That gives me all the motivation I need to grocery shop every weekend, pack lunches every evening and make sure they get a big HUG FROM HOME in the form of a yummy lunch in the middle of their school day.

I pack similar things in each lunch box and then personalize the protein or the chips or the dessert.  One kid wants double sandwiches, another wants extra cheese cubes and the other prefers no protein.  We love the Yumbox originals and have been using them exclusively for school lunches for 8 years.  I pack every lunch right after dinner.  That's when the kitchen is already messy from dinner and I'm still in the swing of things of food prepping.


These food items are always a big hit:

Cold pasta

Hard boiled eggs

Crunchy veggies

Cheese cubes/turkey pepperoni/turkey sausage/meat sticks

Fruit

Small chips

Z Bar granola bars

Hawaiian Roll sandwiches

PBJs

And a little candy treat - seasonal candy, gummy bears, sweat tarts, Nerd clusters, truffles, fun size candy bars and homemade cookies.









I hope you found a new lunch idea or two for your own kids :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.