Tuesday, March 17, 2020

St Patrick's Day from Home

Today has to be the strangest St Patrick's Day I can remember

and we've had some memorable ones...

When we lived in Utah, I woke up one St Patrick's Day to find that my car had been stolen.

We've had authentic Irish dinner parties to celebrate with friends.

We have celebrated St Patrick's Day on campus at Notre Dame.

And we bought our house 4 years ago on St Patrick's Day.

This year we are staying home like many of you.  You'll find us celebrating with all the rainbows, wearing green and talking about how lucky we are.

My mom and dad sent the kids the cutest St Patrick's Day package this year!  They tried on their outfit options the St Pats Day parade that ended up getting cancelled.  So they'll be wearing this cute gear all day around the house.  Of course they were bummed to miss the parade, but I've noticed that they really imitate my mood.  I've been super positive about the whole thing (even though I obviously have all the adult concerns that many of you have) and the kids have been just fine adjusting their schedules/routines.

 Happy St Patrick's Day from our house to yours!!


St Patrick's Day Activity Ideas from Home:

We won't do all of these today. 
Although I think it could be fun to try to spread them out all week long.

1. Rainbow Pancakes
2. Rainbow jello
3. Eat Lucky Charms
4. Irish Stew & clover rolls for dinner
5. Build our own rainbows from Duplos
6. Read some St Patrick's Day books
7. Chalk rainbows in our driveway
8. Rainbow Art

I shared this project on instagram yesterday.  My kids loved it and it was quick to prep.  Cut rainbow paper into small squares and let your kids build their own rainbows.  We used glue sticks and the colorful paper.  My kids didn't want much help.  It was a fun, quick art project to do.


3 year old rainbow.

6 year old rainbow.

 I hope you have a Happy St Patrick's Day!!

1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.