Friday, March 20, 2020

Friday Favorites

Well, we made it to the weekend!  Although, to be honest, the weekend feels pretty similar to the weekdays these days.  Staying home, keeping to ourselves and enjoying our days together.  I'm hoping for lots of sunshine so we can be outside and the social distancing won't feel quite so confining.  Olive is missing school like crazy.  I hate to see her so sad about it so I've been in full on teacher mom mode to supplement her learning at home.  She really loves school and learning so I am making it happen.  I am also trying not to stress about current events and current uncertainties.  Thinking of all of you and praying for a quick bounce back for everyone.

Even though there were lots of hard moments in the week, there were plenty of good ones. 

Let's focus on the positives. 

My favorites from this week...

Our favorite St Pats Day parade in town got cancelled last weekend so we did everything we could do to have a really fun St Patty's Day at home.  The kids got all decked out and looked adorable.  They barely even noticed the departure from our usual big events.


My parents had been planning for weeks to come in town to help us work on some house projects.  Kevin was supposed to be at his favorite yearly conference in Denver - skiing, working, networking, presenting with his students, etc.  That all got cancelled when things busted wide open last Thursday.  He had to cancel EVERYTHING hours before he was supposed to be leaving for his trip.  It was quite stressful, but in the end I was glad to have him home.  Anyone else have their March travel plans totally derailed??  I'm just thankful it all happened before he left home.

My parents arrived early Friday morning and GOT TO WORK.  In no time, Olive's purple bedroom was dismantled and transformed.  Olive went off to school and we stuck close to home.  Fletcher was thrilled to get some one on one attention and "help".  Here's little sneak peek of the makeover.  Stay turned for more to come.



I promise I'll be SUPER helpful - Fletcher.  The paint on his hands and clothes proved otherwise.  But he loved being right in the middle of everything.

My Mom and I entertained the kids and the guys got to work.  The whole bedroom got painted, most of the furniture got moved out and two new beds were built.  It was almost like we were a part of our very own reality makeover show.


We have had more rain than sun this week.  Anytime the sun came out, we were out walking, biking or playing.

St Patrick's Day breakfast!  I got the kids a new set of rainbow dry erase markers and we did festive things all day long.




We checked on our Spring bulbs.

Made wishes on 4 leaf clovers.

Ate a St Patrick's Day bite sized lunch.

Our neighborhood organized a clover scavenger hunt.  We walked and biked around to see how many clovers we could find on mailboxes, front doors and yards.

I made Irish stew, clover rolls and rainbow jello for dinner.

My yearly rainbow jello turned out great!  I rarely eat jello, but we all look forward to this treat.

I hope you have a great weekend!!  
Stay safe.  Take care.  See you back here on Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Love all your St. Patrick's Day festivities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many hands make light work...I'm glad your parents were there to help out! The jello looks incredible! Take care and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun roundup of highlights! I'm glad you've been able to enjoy fun things this week, even with the current circumstances. Your annual rainbow jello never disappoints - it's amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of my travel after the 11th was cancelled. My March went from jam-packed to wide open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness have you shared a recipe for the rainbow jello recipe? Is it easy to make??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a link to my rainbow jello recipe. It's not hard, but it does take some time to make each layer of jello. http://polka-dottyplace.blogspot.com/2012/03/st-patricks-day-with-friends.html

      Delete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.