Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Monster Truck 4th Birthday Party

Fletcher decided on his birthday theme months ago - MONSTER TRUCKS!

We were looking ahead at our March calendar and realized that we probably needed to throw Fletcher's 4th birthday party a little earlier this year.  His real birthday is March 29th.  My due date for Leo is April 14th.  I didn't think I'd be up to traveling and hosting his parties at the end of the month.  I was right because these parties wore me out - ha!

They were wonderful.  He loved every second of them and I'm so glad we were able to do them now.  As usual we hosted a party for Kevin's family and one for my family.  We both have big families so two separate parties allows us to visit with everyone.  I plan the same desserts and decor for both and take our parties on the road.  It works even though it's a lot of work.  Traveling to our family means all the cousins, great grandparents and family can come.  If we stayed home for his parties, it would be hard for everyone to make the drive to us.

This was the first year that Fletcher totally understood all the birthday festivities.  He woke up the morning of his party and said I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MY PARTY!!!  Fletcher helped me pick out his party decorations, gathered his monster trucks for decorations and planned the menu.  Food was his top priority.  Typical for my little foodie.

I found his monster truck t-shirt at Walmart.  It was perfect to plan the party around.  Fletch opted for all his favorite desserts instead of cupcakes.  I made chocolate chip cookies, rice krispie treats and brownies.

I love using 3-4 different types of napkins for my parties, wrapping paper table runner and colorful silverware.  The monster trucks looked cute on all the tables.

Fletcher hand selected his favors - Nutter Butters and birthday noise makers.

 Drink and birthday book station.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find a monster truck book for his birthday book this year.  John Cena came to the rescue.  Apparently he has a whole monster truck series.  This book is really cute and everyone that came to the party signed it.


The colors came together perfectly!  Most of the party supplies were from Dollar Tree and a few from Walmart.

My Mom saved the day and did a taco bar for me.  I usually try to help out with the meal and bring a lot of the ingredients with me.  I just wasn't up for that this year being 34 weeks pregnant.  She handled the taco bar solo and it was delicious!

 The weather was GORGEOUS so the kids got to play outside.

The whole cousin crew. There are 9 cousins on my side of the family so that gives my kids TONS of cousins to play with.  They look forward to playing together every time we come in town.  They great little buddies.  They're so sweet to get excited about Fletcher's theme.  They played police, monster trucks and had the best time together.


We opened gifts.  Fletcher got monster trucks, Paw Patrol art supplies, walkie talkies, a construction uniform and a new police uniform that fits.  My parents put together a set of "police keys" for him.  He's been asking for some real police keys for months.  I'd given him all our old car keys, but those weren't official enough.  My dad gave him the keys so now they're official police keys.  He had the best time!



He says he'll just go ahead and be four now.  Olive makes sure that he knows he won't officially be four until the 29th.  ha!

2 comments:

  1. As always, love it! The patterns and colors you chose look perfect with the monster truck theme! So glad you were able to pull this off. Love that 2nd to last picture of everyone - such a sweet candid! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously the BEST mom and party planner. You are so thoughtful and plan the sweetest parties. SO smart of you to celebrate early! And his birthday will be just as special as it will be a fun family day for ya'll!! Also- fun fact: our wedding anniversary is March 29!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.