Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Home Tour: Olive's Room

I've been meaning to do a blog post for each of the kid's bedrooms and have been putting it off for years.  I guess one highlight of being home 24/7 is finally getting around to doing all those projects you've been putting off.  So while there are lots of complicated things going on in the world right now, you can count on me to keep showing up here on the blog.  I know life feels so uncertain and my routine of blogging is something I look forward to each week.  It's been a constant in my life since 2011 so I'm going to keep sharing and connecting with you.

I had a long lists of posts to share with you this month and some just don't feel right to share now - gift guides, tips for feeding a crowd, fun menus, etc.  Instead I'll share what we're up to along with posts I've been meaning to write.  Life is hard right now, but there are still plenty of things to be positive about and thankful for.

Today, I'm excited to share Olive's bedroom with you.

She picked the wall color when we moved in.  It had to be purple although now she says pink is her favorite color.  We worked together to decorate it combining old and new.  The furniture is Kevin's from childhood and many of the art pieces are mine from family.  I'm sure you'll see the combo of mom + kid influence to create a space that she loved.

Another reason I was eager to get this room documented is that this space is being transformed into a shared big kid room for both Olive and Fletcher right now.  They're excited about the change while also feeling a little sentimental to say goodbye to this cute room.  My hope is that having a picture tour of the room will be a fun thing to always look back on since this is how her room looked for 4 years.

On to the tour.



 






Reading corner.

Art station.

She was really excited to put all of her unicorns on display.


These two are really excited to start sharing a room!


Stay tuned for a tour of Fletcher's bedroom next!

2 comments:

  1. This was so fun! What a sweet little girls room! Can’t wait to see Fletcher’s and then the shared room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the reading corner! I want one! Thanks for this fun uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.