Friday, March 27, 2020

Baby #3: Weeks 33-36

It's time for my monthly pregnancy update!  Things are moving right along.  I'm doing really well and so is Leo.  We're just taking life one day at a time and looking forward to meeting Leo in April.


Week 33: February 24
Baby is the size of a squash

This week I am not sleeping well at all.  I'm getting really hot at night and can't seem to get comfortable.  I sleep best when it's very cold in our room.  Kevin is bundling up and trying not to turn into a popsicle.  The colder it is, the better I sleep.  I'm tired in the afternoons due to not sleeping great, but the show must go on.  We are keeping our usual schedules of playgroups, activities and staying busy.

Baby is moving SO much.  My belly moves like crazy and it makes everyone laugh.  I'm getting lots of comments from strangers about being pregnant, being so close to my due date and asking me questions about the baby.  Most are sweet.  A few are awkward.  My skin is feeling really dry.  I'm feeling very thankful because my heart burn has been pretty much a non-issue and I have hardly any swelling.  Both were bothersome in my other pregnancies.

Olive and Fletcher tagged along to my doctor appointment this week.  They were really good and thought it was fun.  It was the first time Olive had been able to go with me.  She was curious about it so it was fun to get to include her.  She said the ultrasound wasn't nearly as cute as she was expecting and that it was kind of creepy.  She's not wrong!  haha









Week 34: March 2
Baby is the size of a pineapple

I'm feeling tired.  My blood pressure and swelling are both great this tieme around.  No issues with either.  I'm so grateful for my blood pressure being good this time around.  No extra monitoring/appointments required.

Fletcher keeps telling me "Your belly is getting GIANT" and "I really love your GIANT belly!"  

Kevin has started complaining about having some sympathy hunger and being starving 24/7.  I can relate.  More strangers that I encounter keep asking me if I'm due any day.  They get big eyes when I say I'm due in the middle of April.  We got to go on a road trip and visit family this week.  We celebrate a wedding shower and Fletcher's birthday with all of our family. 






Week 35: March 9
Baby is the size of a spaghetti squash

Leo is moving a ton.  Sometimes I feel nauseous with all the movement. I get up often at night to go to bathroom.  He's feeling heavier and lower.  I'm still trying to squeeze in an afternoon nap when I can.  I'm not feeling very hungry this week.  The kids are so excited to meet Leo.  They asked for me to start a baby countdown for them.

Our life got turned upside down this week by all the COVID-19 developments.  Kevin was scheduled to go out of town for 4 days, my parents were scheduled to come up for a visit to help work on projects and life came to a halt.  Within hours of flying out for his trip, Kevin's conference was cancelled.  He had to spend hours on the phone cancelling all the things - rental car, flights, hotels, reservations, etc. in the hopes of recooping some of the money he'd spent.  In retrospect, I'm thankful he got to stay home, but it made for a stressful few days.

My parents still came up and helped us move Olive and Fletcher into a big kid bedroom.  My dad painted the room, emptied it of the furniture and built two new beds with Kevin.  We're all so excited for this new space.  I'm also glad that they have several weeks to get accustomed to sharing a room before baby arrives.  Olive came home from school to the announcement that school is out through May 1.  She's not happy about it and I feel sad that she's missing weeks of learning in first grade.

Due to all the COVID-19 uncertainty, we are making more trips to the store to prepare for staying home for a couple of weeks.  I was already planning to stock up on freezer meals and easy food ideas since I'm having a baby in April, but given the current events, we are stocking up a little ahead of schedule.  Life feels unpredictable and a little scary so I'm finding that doing prep work for meals and snacks to be really comforting.

I had a growth ultrasound this week at the hospital.  I was nervous about going to the hospital given the current virus drama.  I had to be screened when I walked in the door and tried to touch as little as possible.  My ultrasound went really well.  I'm measuring a week ahead.  Leo is estimated to weigh 6lbs 9oz this week and be in the 82nd percentile.  He looks great.  Everything else looks great.  Praying for smooth sailing from now until delivery.








Week 36: March 16
Baby is the size of a bunch of kale
(We haven't been to the store so no kale + kids picture this week)

We are staying home.  All plans are cancelled and we are really self distancing.  We aren't meeting up with friends, playing closely with anyone or running any errands.  We are all healthy and want to stay that way.  Kevin's still having to go into work (although his on campus classes have been cancelled for the remainder of the semester).  He's our designated errand runner.  We are getting outside any chance we can to enjoy some fresh air!

I am back to sleeping great this week!  No time for naps with both kids home.  The weather hasn't been great so we are working hard to find fun things to do inside.  I am in full nesting mode trying hard to get all the projects done.

I'm having some heart burn at night only and baby is breech.  I'm praying he flips head down soon.  My doctor said he still has plenty of time to flip.  I left home once this week to go to my weekly doctor appointment.  I talked over a delivery game plan with my doctor and feel better about the whole process.  She was reassuring me about the process and the current protocols to keep moms and babies healthy at the hospital.  There's so much uncertainty with all the COVID-19 restrictions and ever changing updates.  I try to limit watching the news because much of it is unsettling.






Just a couple more weeks!!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, love these updates! Havah was breech as well. I’m praying daily for you and Leo. Enjoy these last special few weeks, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone recommended the spinning babies website to you? My second was breech and I tried a lot of the exercises they have to attempt to turn her - it didn’t work for me because she was really stuck down in my hips, but I’ve heard a lot of other success stories have come from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun with the updates! I really hope all this mess has passed before you deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how excited the kids are for their new brother!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.