Friday, March 6, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  Hope you had a good week.  I'm rounding up my favorite moments from the past couple of weeks today.  Olive isn't feeling great and I'm hoping after a couple days at home she'll be ready to go for a fun weekend.

I am attempting a fun pothos plant experiment.  Aldi is selling some really pretty house plants for just $6.99.  I realized they were big enough to split so I divided them up between two pretty pots.  I added some new soil, watered them and hope they'll take to their new sunny spots.  I promise Pothos plants are the very easiest plants to grow.  They love to be ignored and really just want to be watered when they look wilty (every couple of weeks).


The more sun they get, they more golden they look.

We've been enjoying family walks with the warmer weather we've been having.  We like to walk to the ponds in our neighborhood and play outside.  We've been biking, too.  Bring on the Spring weather.


This furry face has been extra naughty this week.  He's getting into everything, making messes and needing tons of attention.  Good things he's cute.

We marked our calendar for a major big kid milestone this week - registering for PreK this Fall!!  He's not 100% sure that he wants to get dropped off just yet, but I think by September he'll be thrilled to get to go to school.  It's hard for me to believe that he's big enough for school already.

We stopped by our favorite local baby boutique this week to pick out a gift for Leo.  I just love these Copper Pearl swaddle and hat sets.  They are SO soft and I was most impressed that their boy pattern options are just as plentiful as their girl pattern options.  That rarely happens.

I can't wait to see Leo all bundled up in this set.

We booked our favorite babysitters for date night!  We got a few things done and ended the evening by checking out a new mexican spot.  It was delicious! Anytime queso, pico, chips and salsa and adult conversation are on the table it's going to be a good night.


Fletcher's science class was all about balance this week.  It's fun to see him participating more, feeling braver and more independent in class.



My kids love Lucky Charms marshmallows.  I added them to lunches all week.  Fruit has been a major craving of mine lately.  It's finally starting to taste delicious now that more produce is coming in season.  Winter fruit is just not great.

We ran a ton of errands together last weekend.  These two were campaigning hard for some new deck furniture.  Pricey chairs, but did they look comfy.

I forgot to share about a cute birthday party we went to recently.  It was Toy Story themed.  There was a Forky making station, balloon drop, cardboard box maze and more.  It was fun!



Olive has started outgrowing stuff overnight.  Her shoes fit one day and not the next.  We headed to find some new tennis shoes.  She tried on several options, but the Nikes were her still her favorite.  They are just SO much lighter than all the other tennis shoe options.  She picked a bright blue and hopefully wearing tennis shoes won't be quite so unbearable to her.



Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!  We've got some fun things planned.  I will be back next week to share them with you.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Sorry to hear that Olive is under the weather - hope she feels better ASAP! I love the little swaddling set....precious! And so glad you got a date night! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week! I love your belly in the pictures! I can't believe Fletcher is going to Pre-K in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much goodness! I am absolutely in love with what you picked out for baby Leo! And your Mexican dinner for date night looks absolutely delicious! I need some rice and beans like NOW!
    Also just had to tell you how beautiful you look in that picture with Kevin… The combination of that yellow colored shirt and that scarf just looks so pretty on you! Hope you have a wonderful weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Olive is feeling better soon! PreK - wow! That will be so nice to have the older two in school to give you time with baby Leo. Thanks for the tip on the Aldi plants. I have three of those and might get some more. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.