Friday, April 5, 2013

Bloglovin

I'm in the process of setting up Bloglovin...

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3861935/?claim=qvhqa8kppvq">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

You've probably heard that GFC (Google Friends Connect) is going away sometime in the near future.  It's slightly confusing and the details are a little sketchy at this point.  I am really thankful for all of the followers that I have right now so I wanted to let you in on the Bloglovin party train!  You register/set up an account with bloglovin.com and then it gives you the options to import the blogs you currently follow through GFC to your Bloglovin account.  You can also search for your favorite blogs and add them

I was a little hesitant at first but here are the reasons why you should join:
1. Each day you get an e-mail from Bloglovin with your current feed (all of the recent posts from the blogs you are following).

2. You log into Bloglovin at any time and you can get the most up to date stories from each of your favorite bloggers.  Once you've read an article, Bloglovin marks it as "read" so that you can keep up with what you have and have not read.

3. You will NO LONGER have to go to each of your favorite blogs to read them!!!!!!!!!  This is huge people!!  It's hard to keep up with everyone and remember to check the blogs you love.  I know I'm guilty of bookmarking and then losing fantastic blogs.  This way you just have to log onto Bloglovin and it's personalized just for YOU!!  It's already saving me TONS of time :)

4. Bloglovin has a free app for your phone so you can check your favorite blogs on the go and everything syncs together.  So if you check updates on your phone, the site keeps track and marks the latest posts as "read" so you don't have to go back and forth to update the site and the app.

5. You can organize your blogs into different categories/folders so you can read different categories depending on your amount of time/mood.  I've got mine into Mommy blogs, favorites, etc. right now.  I'm still working on adding more blogs but I'm pretty happy with the 73 that I have so far.

6. Jump on board people; you won't be sorry!!

Follow Polka-Dotty Place on Bloglovin!!!

Want me to read your blog?
Just leave me the name of your space in the comments and I'll check you out.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a Bloglovin' account, but I signed up to follow you...if that makes sense. I figure one day I'll get it all sorted out. Also, thanks for stopping by earlier. I would email you directly, but your email is set up as a no-reply blogger. This means when I go to reply to your comment, I can't get in touch with you. I will have to come back to your blog and leave a comment. I was a no-reply blogger until a few gals pointed it out to me (you don't know unless someone tells you). I googled how to fix it. I think it's just through your edit profile and you click on the box that says Show Email. Let me know if you want me to check if you've fixed it...Have a restful weekend!

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Meredith! I think I "fixed" the problem so I'm no longer a no reply blogger. Who knew?? Appreciate you looking out for me :)

      Delete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.