Saturday, December 8, 2012

Homemade Lasagna

Lasagna is one of my very favorite dinners.
I'm always left wondering why I don't make it more often
because my recipe is easy and so tasty.
This was my requested dinner for most of my birthdays growing up.

The recipe is originally from my mom but I made a few changes.
 So here's OUR recipe:
 1/2 box of lasagna noodles
1 lb ground round
1 yellow onion
1/2 T oregano
1/2 T basil
1 T sugar
1 t sugar
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t salt
8 oz can tomato paste
4 oz water
2- 15 oz can tomato sauce (one with tomato bits)

Cheese mixture:
12oz cottage cheese
3/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 t salt
1/2 pepper
8-10oz bag of mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Brown ground round, onions and season with salt and pepper.

 Once browned, add tomato sauces, bits and paste & water.
Add spices and let simmer.

Combine all cheese mixture ingredients except for mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.

Boil noodles as directed.
Grease a 9x13 pan, start layering.
Meat sauce, noodles & cheese mixture.

 Bake at 350 for 20 minutes covered with foil 
and then another 20-25 minutes uncovered.
This recipe can easily be doubled and is great reheated.
Serve with salad and garlic bread.
Enjoy!

Linking up with sixsistersstuff

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting. This will be on the menu this week!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.