Saturday, September 8, 2012

Touchdown Toast

Everything tastes better when it is adorable.
Touchdown Toast is no exception.

We are loving watching all the football games right now.
We were up early last weekend so I made a festive breakfast.

Here's what you'll need
Your favorite bread - 2 pieces per person
*Great Harvest Honey Whole Wheat was our choice.
 Football themed cookie cutters
(football & clover for Notre Dame)
 Lightly toast each piece of bread
Press cookie cutters into the middle.
 Make sure it goes all the way through
 Be careful because the sides are thin.
 Repeat with 2nd cookie cutter.
 Put in your pan and make sure they are flat.
 Crack open one large egg into each hole.
I carefully cut the yolk.
 I had a little leakage but for the most part it was easy.
 Add salt and pepper and let them cook until they are pretty set.
You'd don't want to throw egg everywhere when you go to flip them.
 I severed these plates with my favorite huckleberry jelly.
This is one of my new, favorite breakfast items!!

Give Touchdown Toast a try for your next early morning game day gathering this Fall.

Linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.