Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Missing Out

When you live 1,500 miles from home
there are things that you miss out on.
So I took FULL advantage of having my parents in Utah for a week.

I got to COOK WITH MY MOM.
She helped me coordinate an anniversary dinner for 9 people.
I couldn't have fixed everything without her help.

I got to go to breakfast with my parents at their
FAVORITE BREAKFAST SPOT, Einsteins Bagels, twice.

 I got to have my dad's help with 
DIY PROJECTS AROUND THE HOUSE.
Our light was too low so he took out some links
and voila it's much better now.
All of our wiggly chairs are now tightened too.

I picked out some curtains at World Market, 
got a short curtain rod
and they magically got hung :)
Before:
 During:
 After:
 I love the pattern and bright spot of color in my family room now.

 I got to
SPEND THE DAY SHOPPING IN PARK CITY
with my parents.
We hit all the good shops, had lunch and then went back to do a little more shopping.
We went in Banana Republic and my dad said he liked this yellow coat.
I said that yellow wasn't my color and that it looked a bit tenty.
My mom concurred.
He persisted, unbuttoned the jacket and told me to try it on.
I went with it and actually LOVED the jacket I'd just dissed.
He said that I needed it and he would buy it!
Who knew my dad was such a savvy shopper??

Not wanting my mom to feel left out, he suggested she try on the red coat.
She tends to stick with black everything but she humored him and tried it on.
It fit perfectly and was adorable on!
Jackpot!
It was a little pricey 
but we convinced her that it was well worth the money and she'd wear it a ton!

We both got new, bright jackets thanks to my dad :)

Kevin was thrilled to go to some PAWN SHOPS with my dad.

We definitely made the most of the time we were together.

1 comment:

  1. Random question: Where did you get the three tiered circle basket thing in the first picture (the one of you and your mom in your kitchen)?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.