Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fruit Wash

How well do you wash your fruits and veggies?
I usually rinse them in warm water but that's about it.
I recently found an idea on Pinterest
showing a much better way to wash your fruit.
Go to aprettylifeinthesuburbs to see the original idea.

All you need is vinegar, water, fruits and veggies.
I made sure my sink was nice and clean before I started.
Plug up the sink and let the warm water run.
 Add 1 cup of vinegar and stir around half full sink.
 Here's my stash of food before:
 Place food into the water and let soak for 10 minutes.
 Stir occasionally.
 Containers from the fruit.
I decided that I didn't want to put my clean fruit back in them.
 It's smells slightly vinegary but not too bad.
Oliver sniffed it out pretty quickly.
 After 10 minutes, let dry on paper towels.
 I was hoping my water would look icky but it was really gross!
 The fruit didn't appear that dirty 
but the water turned brownish and had lots of ick floating in it.
 My CLEAN strawberries and fruit.
 I did the cherry tomatoes separately so that I wasn't sorting grapes and tomatoes.
 I let them dry and repackaged them.
 I labeled the bags so that I could keep track of everything.

This whole process took less than 30 minutes,
was really simple
and I will DEFINITELY be doing this to all my produce in the future.
Give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great tip! Will surely try it!
    Thanks a bunch for stopping by and commenting, dear!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.