Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine Wreath

"Make a Valentine Wreath" has been on my to do list for about a week.
I finally got the time to tackle this project.

I found this lovely straw wreath at DI for $2.
I looked past the fall leaves, the hand painted creepy faced corn cobs
and saw great potential.
I peeled all of the fall decor and hot glue off.
Here's my naked straw wreath
and all of my crafting supplies.
 I bought this crepe paper years ago and decided it would be perfect for this project.
I put a dab of hot glue on the wreath, stuck the crepe paper end to it and started wrapping.
I've never done much with crepe paper but it was great to work with.
It was slightly stretchy and easily hugged the wreath.
 I wrapped one layer and decided it needed another layer 
because I could still see the straw peeking through.
 I wised up and realized 
that this was a better way to position the wreath as I was wrapping it.
 Two layers of crepe paper = much better.
 I attempted to do some purple crepe paper flowers but they were a royal pain!
So I went a different direction...
Cupcake liners of all sizes in valentine colors.
I trimmed some for more variety.
 Used a brad to hold them together and then hot glued them on.
I thought it was missing something so I added a few more flowers and some red ribbon.
Love how it turned out!
 Topher was eager to help me with this project...
I was glad that I was able to finish it despite his help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.