Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Peach Crunch Cake

I found a recipe titled Ridiculously Easy from Bakerella a few months ago.
I've been anxious to give it a try ever since.
A gathering with friends was the perfect opportunity to make:

"Peach Crunch Cake" from Bakerella

I tweeked the recipe so this is my version:
29oz can of sliced peaches in syrup
1pkg yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 handfuls of quick cooking oats
2 T sugar

Spray the pan with Pam, cut peaches into thirds.
Dump cake mix on top.  Slice butter and spread around. 
 Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
When mine came out of the oven it looked rather goopey.
My solution was to make a sugar & oat mixture to put on top.
I spread it all over the top and put it in the oven for another 15 minutes.
I served it warm with 1/2 fat vanilla ice cream.
"This was the best dessert you've ever made," said one very sweet little girl.
It was very easy and delicious.

I'm linking up with Six Sister's Stuff for Strut Your Stuff Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so darn good!! Can't wait to try this yummy recipe! Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We would love to have you back next Saturday and share more of your recipes! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.