Sunday, January 22, 2012

Eat Well Everyday

Here are the healthy meals that I fixed this week:
1. Scrambled Eggs with 1/2 a piece of toast
 2. Sliced apple with peanut butter
 3. Pizza
Thin crust,turkey pepperoni, veggies & reduced fat cheese
4. Salads with TONS of veggies
 5. Pan seared Tilapia - I liked it better than baking it.
My new arsenal of seasonings :)
6. Mini Cupcakes instead of regular size from So Cupcake.
 7. Whole Grain Pasta
8. Steel Cut Oatmeal
Not sure if I have time to make this each morning 
but it was pretty good with some cinnamon and sugar.
 9. Tried these and WOULD NOT recommend them.
10. I've mentioned before that I LOVE these bagel thins.
I toasted one, fried an egg, Canadian bacon & a sprinkle of cheese.
I was skeptical of the Canadian bacon but I lightly browned it on the stove.
 This sandwich was D.E.L.I.S.H.

11. Roasted Veggies
Cut all veggies into bite sized pieces, sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and
bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
I forgot to drizzle with olive oil but that is a good option too.
 12. Brown Bread from scratch
 I'm excited to eat well again this week.

4 comments:

  1. #1, I thought your jelly toast was meatloaf at first glance :)
    #2, How was the whole grain pasta? Never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get your eyes checked :) I really liked the whole grain pasta. Mine was linguine and I added a little chicken the 2nd time we had it. The key is to make sure it is soft so boil it for a while and have really yummy sauce to put on it. It has a slight texture to it.

      Delete
  2. Would you share your tilapia recipe? Alan loves tilapia I on the other hand don't hardly eat fish....but want to try to eat it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandie-- Here is how I've made mine. Buy the frozen, individually pkged filets. Let them thaw before cooking. Cook on the stove top for 10-15 mins. Be sure to spray non-stick spray in your pan. Sprinkle your favorite seasoning on both sides. Our favorite that is a little spicy is the "Fish adn Seafood" one pictured above. It's the third one from the right and was around $7 at Target. Cook half the time on one side and half on the other. Flip a few times. Hope this helps!

      Delete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.