Monday, January 30, 2012

Cream Puffs: Valentine Edition

I remember my mom making cream puffs when I was little.
They were soooo yummy!
Recently I asked my mom for the recipe and have made them a few times since.
 I'm a sucker for anything handwritten, 
so my mom is nice to always write out her recipes for me:
Follow the recipe listed above and it should look like the pictures below.
I dropped the dough in a rough heart shape 
and then went back and formed the hearts with my hands.
I usually just drop spoonfuls of dough on the cookie sheet but
I decided to try to make heart shaped ones since Valentine's day is fast approaching.
 They baked beautifully.
While they are baking, work on mixing the pudding.
 Let cream puffs cool off baking sheet.
 Refrigerate jello and cream puffs until both are cool.
 Fill icing bag with pudding.
Use a dull knife to poke a fill hole in the cream puff.
Wiggle around inside to make room for pudding filling.
 Insert tip into cream puff and fill.
I realized that I needed to poke a hole in both sides of the heart
in order to put in the maximum amount of pudding.
If you do the regular circular or oval shape, you only need to poke on fill hole.
 Filled with a little pudding peeping out.
 All filled and plated.
 B.E.S.T. way to do a small amount of melted chocolate.
Grab a handful of chocolate chips.
Put them in a small Ziploc bag and seal it.
Microwave it for about a minute or until all chips are melted.
Snip off the tiniest corner possible of the baggie.
 Hold sandwich bag just like an icing bag.
 I decided to drizzle chocolate on half of my cream puffs.
 I served the plain ones with a generous shake of powdered sugar.
So good and so pretty!
These are best to eat the same day that you make them.

2 comments:

  1. Mom must love you more because I don't remember ever eating these when I was little. And she didn't give me the recipe either! They look pretty delish though - may need to give them a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look SO good!! Can't wait to make these! We're so glad you linked up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday" We loved having you! Please come back next Saturday and share more of your great recipes! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.