Sunday, January 15, 2012

Eat Well Everyday

I mentioned here that one of my New Year's Resolutions
was to Eat Well Everyday.
Here are some of the healthy things I ate this week:
Granola Clusters:
All bran, oatmeal, honey, peanut butter & dark chocolate chips.
 Grilled chicken:
 Salads packed with veggies, fat free cheese & vinaigrette dressing
They were all delish!
Butternut squash:
mashed
 Salmon: eek!
I'm not a fish lover so this was a big leap.
Kevin found a fun recipe or two so maybe it will grow on me eventually.
 Baked with this on top:
 Pretty yummy salmon with sweet potato chips and fresh green beans.
 Yellow & Green Zucchini:
 Seasoned with fresh ground sea salt and pepper:
 Tilapia:
Heaven help me, I'm trying to become a fish eater.
I baked this with some blackened seasoning from Zatarains.
It was pretty tasty.
 I also made sweet potato casserole.
Not a really a healthy side
but I did cut the sugar and butter in half from my usual recipe
to make a healthier version for a side/dessert.
 Breakfast:
Cracklin' Oat Bran and All Bran combined with skim milk.
It was pretty tasty.
 Almonds, peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts, Craisins, and dark chocolate bits for a snack.
My goal is to take pictures of the new veggies I try and the other healthy food I prepare.
Watch for a post each week about what I'm Eating Well Everyday.

SIDE NOTE:
*I was eating sugar free jello for a snack at school
and a little girl saw me snacking at recess.
She asked what I was eating so I told her.  
She said, "It looks really good... 
I'm jealous because my mom will never buy us crap to eat."

I was thinking it was more of a low cal snack not crap :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.